ASUS z68 Board and ECO RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
    The X series is designed for the P67 and variants (H67 and Z68), as mentioned above though keep in mind the faster sticks do best with the K series CPUs as they are unlocked
    Yeah that has been said, that wasn't my question...

Has anyone tried F3-12800CL8D-8GBECO in 1333MHz and does it run with CL7?

Comment

It should be capable, but like Tman stated, the ECO series may not be best for the Z68 platform. ECO works best for P55.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        It should be capable, but like Tman stated, the ECO series may not be best for the Z68 platform. ECO works best for P55.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH
        Yeah but it's approved by ASUS, it's on the motherboards list of compatible memory sticks.
        If anyone has tried, please post.

Am I right to assume that a motherboard that has AUTO and Manual voltage (1.50V-1.90V) can't use these ECO sticks?
        A friend of mine thinks it will work on his ASUS P45 chipset board and I'm telling him no, the sticks are made for 1.35V.
        I think AUTO won't go under 1.5V and that AUTO is standard and same as 1.5V.
        Or maybe there is a way to change that?

I told him 8GB G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3-1600 CL8 ( Link F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM )

Comment

Auto is generally 1.5 but most motherboards allow for manual adjustment up or down, I don't one of your particular mobos to check but am relatively sure you can go lower, voltage wise, just take a look. If indeed 1.5 is the lowest available then, NO, you don't want to run 1.35 sticks.

For the P45 chipset, I'd suggest the Snipers or the regular Ripjaws. The PK and NQ line are also good with the P45
          Last edited by Tradesman; 06-16-2011, 09:20 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Auro is generally 1.5 but most motherboards allow for manual adjustment up or down, I don't one of your particular mobos to check but am relatively sure you can go lower, voltage wise, just take a look. If indeed 1.5 is the lowest available then, NO, you don't want to run 1.35 sticks.

For the P45 chipset, I'd suggest the Snipers or the regular Ripjaws. The PK and NQ line are also good with the P45
            The board is ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe/WiFi, 1.5V is the lowest available.
            My old board, I remember it was impossible to run 4x2GB in 1600MHz but that was OCZ RAM.
            I wouldn't expect it to be different now. He thinks because of the lower voltage it will run 4x4GB.
            I said I doubt it and recommended RipjawsX.
            I recommended the RipjawsX because of the price, 2x4GB ?77/ $109
            Just so that he doesn't make a mistake, am I right that it won't run 4x4GB RipjawsX?

Comment

If your talking about the P45 board, it should run 1600 but may require voltage adjustments and an OC for 16 of 1600

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

If your talking about the P45 board, it should run 1600 but may require voltage adjustments and an OC for 16 of 1600
                Yes I meant the p45 board.
                So you think it will run 1600MHz on all four memory slots, 4x4GB?

This one: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications
                says:
                **** It is recommended to install the memory modules from the orange slots for better overclocking capability.

So what are you saying, he is right about the lower voltage, that it helps?
                I had 1.8-1.9V OCZ 1600MHz RAM that wouldn't run in 1600MHz four RAM sticks, only two.
                The board has a Intel CPU Q9450 installed with cooler Thermalright Ultra 120 extreme.

Comment

It requires overclocking and increasing NB Voltage to stabilize the memory controller. Not as easy as the newer platforms, that's probably why you had issues. But with the correct settings, it can work.

I would suggest the RipJaws series, the older P45 platform may have issues with newer PCBs and chips in RipJaws X.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                    It requires overclocking and increasing NB Voltage to stabilize the memory controller. Not as easy as the newer platforms, that's probably why you had issues. But with the correct settings, it can work.

I would suggest the RipJaws series, the older P45 platform may have issues with newer PCBs and chips in RipJaws X.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH
                    The board is known to have issues with all memory slots running in O.C mode, 1600 and above.
                    I can't find any Sniper or Ripjaws suitable.
                    Since I'm gonna buy the RipjawsX for my new Z68 board he is also gonna try these.

What kind of settings?

Never got an answer to my question, the lower voltage on memory sticks, does that help on a P45 board, yes or no?

How much above 1.5V can the RipjawsX handle?
                    Will that require better coolers? Arctic Cooling Arctic RC Pro suitable?
                    The p45 board is in a Antec P182 case with extra fans.

Comment

No, low voltage modules do not "help", it just gives you more overclocking ability since you need to run them at 1.50V+. Depends how you look at it because it can also be perceived as a downfall since overclocking becomes required.

RipJaws X can handle 1.65V just fine.

Yes, some kind of cooling will help prolong the lifespan of the chips.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you!

To both of you, appreciate it.

Comment

No problem, Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X