F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM problem with Asus P8p67 pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM problem with Asus P8p67 pro

I am currently trying to use two F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM kits on an ASUS P8P67 pro motherboard with 1502 bios (latest).

I am aware that using only one 4x2gb kit would of been ideal for this application but unfortunatley non were available at my local shop at the time of purchase.

Problem 1: System will not boot up with 4 dimms installed at 7-8-7-24 1600mhz, I have to set timings to 9-9-9-28 (spd) for succesfull boot. Unfortunately I get constant blue screens even with the relaxed timings and more voltage (tried up to 1.6v, kit rated for 1.5v).

Problem 2: When using only one kit at rated timings and voltage the system is also unstable, I have resorted to running 1333mhz and relaxed timings (9-9-9-28), and while things are definitely better, I still get the random bsod.

I ran memtest+ on all 4 dimms at rated timings and get no errors, so I doubt RAM is faulty.

I purchased this ram because my motherboard is listed as compatible in the product page, even though it is not listed in the ASUS QVL. I purchase Gskill memory exclusively because I have had very good with your brand in the past.

Short of waiting for a Bios update from ASUS, is their anything I could to make things a little more stable while using all 4 dimms? I have only changed memory voltage manually, everything else is set at "AUTO". I read somewhere I should raise VCCIO, but I don?t want to do anything that could risk damaging my 2600k.

Clear the BIOS with the CLRTC button or pins first, then enable the XMP Profile in BIOS to see how that works. Each kit should perform flawlessly.

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I reset the BIOS with the CLRTC pins on mobo, then set XMP profile in AI OVERCLOCK TUNER selection and still could not boot. Just a couple of continous resets until system finally froze (black screen).

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your help.
      Last edited by felang; 05-04-2011, 04:59 PM.

Comment

You can try one stick at a time to see which is bad causing problems, or just send them in for RMA and the replacement kit should work better. With XMP enabled, the memory should work fine.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X