• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ Ripjaws-X ] F3-10666CL8D-4GBXM on an old Wolfdale

Hi guys.

I've had bought the following bundle,
    http://www.microdirect.co.uk/home/pr...el-e5700-cpu--
    The bad thing that bundle included WAS memory (RAM), so I wanna replace it with the MIGHTY G.Skill rams, but the problem is I'm struggling to find out which G.Skill DDR3 ram to buy. Whatever I chose are either build for Sandy Bridge or newer x38, p67 etc.

Also, the ram I've chosen is specially build for 1155 LGA socket but I've an old 775LGA.
    My questions is, is this ram compatible with my system mentioned above?
    OR
    Please help me to choose what maximum my board and processor can support?

My board can support 8GB in dual mod of ram so please give me option of 2x4GB or 2x2GB.

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=341

Thanks in advance.

this thread needs a bump. Cuz I need help.

Comment

Your mobo supports DDR3 up through 1333 which is considered OCed, so what I'd suggest would would be the 2x4GB F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR Snipers. I just did a build with two sets of these (16GB) on a P43 mobo (socket 775) and have found them both very good and versatile in socket 775.

They are rated at 9-9-9-24 1333, and have run up to 1500 (so far, am going to try 1600) at CL9. At 1200 they are fine and stable at 7-7-7-21 as well as 7-8-8-22 @1333..........and that's with 2 sets installed.

I've been amazed by these, Can see full specs here.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231417

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your reply, sir.
        Can I ask how I can ensure which ram is supported by my motherboard and which not?
        I'm asking this because I need a couple of looks amongst them, plz suggest me 2x2gb as well. I'm newbie in these things because G.Skill has different type of varities for different people.

Also, can those sandy bridge special build rams work with my mobo?

Thanks.

Comment

The sandy bridge sets should work fine as well as most any of the others, might stay away from the ECOs (1.35) and the newest line of Snipers (1.25 volts) as I'm not sure the mobo/BIOS will support that low of voltage.

You can always check the DRAM QVL from the mobo maker as well as the list the DRAM manufacturer puts out for compatibility, but that will only show the sticks they have tested - and for the mobo makers, 'TESTING' usually means plug them in and they work or not, where as most any DRAM that meets JEDEC standards will (or should) run on most any board that is JEDEC compliant.

Testing by both is also based on what they have available and what is popular at the time, i.e. you seldom see any of the newer lines of DDR3 being tested with socket 775 mobos.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The sandy bridge sets should work fine as well as most any of the others, might stay away from the ECOs (1.35) and the newest line of Snipers (1.25 volts) as I'm not sure the mobo/BIOS will support that low of voltage.
            That might help me a lot thanks a million sir. You can close the thread now.

Thank you..

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X