Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G skill F3 10666CL9S and Asus M4A87TD-EVO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G skill F3 10666CL9S and Asus M4A87TD-EVO ?

Hello everyone !

First sorry if I had a bad english, but I'm a french consumer !

I recently buy this memory kit
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=316

I would want to know if she was TOTALY compatible with the Asus M4A87TD-EVO ? In the QVL memory list of the Asus M4A87TDG, this brand of memory doesn't appear..., and I read on internet this motherboard was capricious with some G skill memory...
    Do you the last BIOS update should resolve ?ventually the problems ?

For advance, thanks !

Should be okay, though for 4GB total a 2x2GB might be better and leave room for expansion,,,,the more sticks you have, the more strain on the MC (Memory Controller) and AMD has weak MCs.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi ! Thanks for your rapidity

However I read on various forum that this G skill model wasn't compatible, indeed the 870 AMD chipset doesnt appear on the list of compatible chipset... On Asus forum the moderator tell me this memory and this motherboard doesnt work together...
      Do you think that the last update BIOS version which fix this problem??

Comment

Seen plenty of people running them w/ this mobo the (2x2GB), the moderator may have been looking at the 4x1GB set you mentioned and know of the strain the 4 sticks would put on the MC, which is why I suggested the 2x4GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, it is compatible, many people use this combination.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X