No announcement yet.

Issue with G.Skill memory? Only showing PC3-10700 Max and it is not a MB issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with G.Skill memory? Only showing PC3-10700 Max and it is not a MB issue

OK, this has been brought up many times here. I have searched, and invariably the final solution is that this is not a G.Skill issue, but a MB issue.

I disagree. I have 2x4gb sticks of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL. But it only shows up in various programs as having a max of 667mhz or PC3-10700. No changes such as VTT and memory voltage changes this. This appears to be where most people buy into the motherboard has an issue answer.

However, I recently purchased 16gb (4x4) of F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL and it shows up as PC3-12800H (800mhz) max bandwidth. So this is NOT an motherboard issue. The 667mhz max follows the other sticks where ever I install them. It does not matter if just the 2 sticks are installed or all 6 sticks are installed. If all 6 sticks are installed, the 2 'D' sticks always show a max of 667mhz regardless of the slot while the other sticks show up as 800mhz max as it should.

So do I need to RMA these 2 sticks to get them to work as it states on the label, or is there another solution?

EVGA x58 motherboard. I7950

Thank you,

Last edited by 650hpAMG; 04-30-2011, 06:42 PM.

Best bet would prob be to RMA the two, could go in and rewrite the SPD, but if not done correctly would invalidate the warranty I believe. Can drop a line to rma@gskillusa.com for better info and ref this post

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=8324

May gotten a bad set or they took a surge.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

gskill

OK, I may have to do just that. Frustrating and I believe much more prevalent than some would want to accept. Thank you for the answer.

Comment

I just sort of call it as I see it, and I know how frustrating things like this can be....meant to add they are off weekends...so it'll prob be Monday, maybe afternoon, depending on how heavy their incoming is from the weekend.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Those values don't really mean much. With manual settings, the memory can be configured properly. But if you really want them to be identical, send them in for RMA.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X