M4a78t-e + 16gb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4a78t-e + 16gb?

I have mobo M4A78T-E and AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.
    I can't find any recommended 4x4GB for my motherboard. Is there any set that would work with my PC?

Think I'd suggest a 1333 set with the 955, i.e. F3-10666CL9Q-16GBRL or F3-10666CL9Q-16GBXL..both are CL9, for a little more is the F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH @ CL7. If you try anything higher i.e. 1600 and up, don't think the CPU could run them.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello

i have a similar question (sorry for my bad english)

i have M4A78TE mobo and AMD Phenom II X2 545

actually i have 8 Go with this RAM (from Crucial) :

Num?ro de r?f?rence : CT51264BA1339
      Capacit? du module : 4GB
      Type de module : 240-pin DIMM
      Mod?le : DDR3 PC3-10600
      Caract?ristiques : DDR3 PC3-10600 ? CL=9 ? Unbuffered ? NON-ECC ? DDR3-1333 ? 1.5V ? 512Meg x 64 ?

i don't know why but when i try to install 16Go with EXACTLY the same RAM (the same reference) my PC don't boot.

So i am wondering if i must change all the ram and for wich one...

iF you could help me , please

thanks a lot

from Paris (France)

Comment

Garra,

With your CPU I believe you are limited to a stick per channel at 1333, to run 16GB, you might try lowering the DRAM speed to 1066, no guarantee, but might work at that freq

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks a lot
          i will try that!!!

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Hello and thanks!

I don't understand the problem:

My PC works since three years like this:

4Go in the 1st splot
              4Go in the 3rd splot

But when i change it to the 1st et 2nd splots it does not boot

Why????

thanks of your help

Comment

Mobo default is prob 1-3 (or poss 2-4) then 1-2-3 then 1-2-3-4 for number of sticks, also possible slot 2 is bad

Tman

Comment

Hi, I didn't know if I should start a new thread as my question is similar.

I have the same mobo and I've finally decided to upgrade my ram as 4gb doesn't feel like enough anymore. I've been using F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ at 1600 for over a year now with no problems and I'm just wondering if F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 or F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL would be compatible with the mobo. Also, is there any chance that they would be compatible with F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ for 12gb?

I'm using a phenom II X2 550 if that matters at all.

Thanks

Comment

What mobo (and will want latest BIOS), most will take 4GB sticks, mixing them with a set of 2x2 might or might not work...there'd be no guarantee, but it's possible to do, will want them to preferably be of the same freq and run the same basic timings and voltage by spec

Tman

Comment

Sorry, my mobo is the asus M4A78T-E as well. So the voltage should be the same? Then I should look at F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL? Even if the memory wasn't able to run together, do you think that my mobo could handle the F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL?

Thanks for the help

Comment

Yes the 8GB set should be fine with the motherboard, will have to set the DRAM up manually on an AMD system

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

That's a good thing with this forum, lots of people helping out.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X