Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7T2-24GBSRD compatibility question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about 1600, stock timings, DRAM voltage 1.63, VCCIO at 1.2 and raising VCCSA to 1.12

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Stock timings will not be stable no matter what the DRAM voltage, VCCIO, and VCCSA settings are. Believe me, I think I have tried every configuration possible over the past 9-10 months and I have never been able to get things stable at stock timings. It is both challenging and frustrating at the same time!

Comment

What is the tRFC setting itself at under auto?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DRAM Ref Cycle Time = 110 on Auto. I have tried this up to 128 with same result. Is this the same as tRFC?

Comment

Yes, try it at about 145, may do nothing but might help

Tman

Comment

Tman,

I tried the tRFC at 145 and still received the same result. Instability in Windows 7 and I still get errors running Memtest.

Comment

Could try an RMA, do you have another system of know anyone with a decent rig you can try the sticks in, may just be the mobo (and it's BIOS just doesn't want to tplay with the sticks nice, although CL8 is still good, diff between CL7 and CL8 is prob less than 500MB, which is negligible

Tman

Comment

All six sticks seem to work in my friends Asus P6X58E mainboard without incident. I do know that there is nothing wrong with the sticks as I have tested each of the six sticks individually at rated timings with Memtest. I only get issues when I try to populate all four DIMM slots on my P8P67 Deluxe. Would G.Skill RMA this kit even though they work? Maybe another alternative is to sell them and try another kit.

Comment

I have a feeling it's the mobo, have you tried a slight OC, above where you are currently at?

Tman

Comment

Best I could achieve @ 8-8-8-24 was 1620mHz.

Comment

An OC on the CPU above where it is

Tman

Comment

I have not really played around with overclocking the CPU. I have concentrated on trying to figure out the RAM issue.

Comment

At times a bit of an OC helps things along, actually at times it's required, while 1600 doesn't normally need an OC, the CPU is a 1333 rated CPU, so a bit of an OC might help get to the lower CL since 1600 w/ CL7 is near to 1866 performance, might be worth a try

Tman

Comment

For the P8P67, try a RipJaws X or Z kit, they will work best.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

GSKILL TECH, I sent you a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X