Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7T2-24GBSRD compatibility question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7T2-24GBSRD compatibility question.

I was just wondering if this kit would work with the Asus P8P67-Deluxe mainboard. I need to replace an F3-12800CL7Q-16GBXH kit that was defective. I had to RMA the kit back to Newegg but they are out of stock, so replacement is not possible. I checked the G.Skill website and it is not on the Qualified MB List. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

The Snipers are a six stick (6x4GB) set, and I believe the P8P67 Deluxe is a 1155 mobo and only has 4 slots, so you'd have a pair of extra sticks.

If that is your mobo, any of these should work, though it would be 16GB 4x4GB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply Tman. I don't mind having an extra couple of sticks in case something happens to one of the other sticks. Either that or I can have 2 extra sticks to build another computer.

Comment

It should work without a problem.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

And if the 2 extra start getting dusty can send them to me....HaHa

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You didnt happen to record the serial numbers you received did you? Im starting to think i got some that were bad but i got 2 8GB sets. Im not sure how G.Skill's manufacturing process works but, if they were from the same batch I might have found my answer

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              And if the 2 extra start getting dusty can send them to me....HaHa
              I will let you know If I can't use, may as well give them to someone who can!

Comment

Originally posted by Archyme View Post
                You didnt happen to record the serial numbers you received did you? Im starting to think i got some that were bad but i got 2 8GB sets. Im not sure how G.Skill's manufacturing process works but, if they were from the same batch I might have found my answer
                I think I may have the serial number somewhere. I will try to find them and give you a PM. What problem were you having?

Comment

JDBJG50
                  Components are always needed and appreciated - for multitudes of purposes

Archyme
                  Trying to mix 2 sets can be problematic, normally if they don't run from the get go, voltages can be adjusted and/or timings, but at times people get two sets that just won't play together.

Tman

Comment

My 16GB Ripjaws X kit would not play together very nicely, that's why I had to RMA them. Any 2 sticks would work together no problem, all 4 sticks together however would not work at all. Everything I tried with tech support wouldn't work. So hopefully the Snipers work better.

Comment

Hope so, I've had good luck w/ them so far, just put 2 sets together and no problem (knock on wood) it was in a P43 with the 1333 sticks, but have been able to mix sets of 1600 also, let us know how it goes.

Tman

Comment

None of them will run better than 8-8-7. As matched pairs or quad. I knew I was taking a gamble buying two 8GB pairs but I still expect them to run at spec. (2x4gb 8gb total 7-8-7). Whats really bad is I got excited to see sequential serial numbers on all the sticks I have another pair of 2x4gb for a total of 16GB that is 8-8-8 and they run flawlessly together.

Comment

update

Just got my replacement 24GB Sniper kit in today and installed them. I updated the BIOS on my Asus P8P67-Deluxe B3 to version 1503, reset the CMOS, and enabled XMP (no other settings changed), and guess what? I am having the same issue with this kit that I did with my 16B Ripjaws X kit. My PC will not pass Memtest, or be remotely stable at the advertised timings with all 4 memory slots populated. The only way it seems to run with all 4 stick installed is when I relax the timings. I tried Memtest with 9-9-9-28 timings and it passed. 2 sticks at advertised timings works. I am currently testing 8-8-8-24 timings to see what will happen. Needless to say I'm frustrated and disappointed. I would appreciate any suggestions. Here is list of hardware:

Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3 with 1503 BIOS
                          Intel I7 2600K
                          BFG 9800 GTX+
                          PC Power and Cooling 750W Silencer PSU
                          Liteon iHAS424 DVD-RW
                          Thermalright Archon
                          WD 740ADFD Raptor HDD

Comment

It would be nice to know how many people have had success populating all 4 slots with better timings than 8-8-8-24 on a p67mobo. I have the GB UD7-B3 with ram that should run 7-8-7. Im currently running 8-8-7 with no problems at all. Im good with it though because the tests I did showed that 16gb at 8-8-7 ran just as fast as 8gb at 7-8-7... I could be wrong but that is what i read. Im sure 16gb at 7-8-7 would show improvement but having 16gb overall is what I aimed to achieve. Needless to say I am content spending 150 dollars on two packs of two sticks vs. 300 dollars on a 4 stick pack that others aernt having much luck with!

Comment

Make sure to clear BIOS with the CLRTC button or pins, not with the battery or within BIOS.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X