GA H55M-USB3 Power Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA H55M-USB3 Power Loop

I recently built a system with this motherboard and it will not POST. It does a power loop/cycle where it powers up for a second and then shuts down,then powers up for a second and shuts down.. over and over..

I'm using G.Skill DDR3-1600 PC3-12800 RAM and I thought one possibility might be that it is not exactly on the approved RAM list for this Gigabyte mother board.

The approved version is F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO.
    My version of RAM is F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL.

I've already gone through troubleshooting everything with Gigabyte for three weeks via their online tech support and in a desperate move to get the system running quickly purchased another motherboard rather than wait for an RMA. Unfortunately, it is doing the same thing. I now suspect it might be the RAM but in my troubleshooting efforts have tried all slots a number of time (instructions say to use the white slots) and have tried with only one stick (either one) and no success.

When I tried out the RAM configurator on this G.SKILL webpage, I noticed that this motherboard is not even listed there. In fact, no "H" motherboard was listed.

Some online posts about this problem often mention that it may be the RAM. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. Again, I have done extensive troubleshooting (refreshing CMOS, starting without the case, testing the power supply, taking out the video card, etc.).

Thanks.

Do you have the latest BIOS, F11? Could try raising the DRAM voltage a bit maybe to 1.55, could also try raising the MC voltage a tad. Some mobos have had problem with USB 3 controller, could try disabling that and see if that's the problem. Also, saw where a number of people via NewEgg have had random reboot/no boot issues w/ the board using a variety of different brands of DRAM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

can't get to BIOS

It won't get to the BIOS page. Just turns on and off over and over when you start it up.

Comment

Try resetting the CMOS using the jumper on the mobo (instructions should be in your manual), then insert a single stick in slot one and see if you can get to the BIOS page. NO? Try disconnecting everything but the two mobo power connectors to the mobo, the stick of DRAM, the graphics card, the keyboard and mouse (no other add in cards, no drives, etc. then try to get to the BIOS. If so, note the BIOS version #, set the board to recommended defaults and see what happens....if no luck there, try it with the other stick. If still no luck, see if you can borrow a stick or two of DDR3 from somebody to see if both sticks are bad. If that fails, prob a bad CPU or mobo....so, try pulling the CPU and ensure no thermal compound seeped onto the bottom of the CPU or into the socket, clean up, reapply thermal compound and heatsink and try again. Still no luck? See if you can borrow another PSU and try it, again ensuring all connections are tight and aligned properly. If still no luck could try to borrow a like socket CPU....If that fails you have a bum mobo.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

How about one stick at a time? If both modules have the same exact problem, you may have a bad motherboard.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

tried new mobo

GSKILL Tech,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I already purchased a second motherboard under the assumption that was the problem and there was no change. I have tried individual sticks of RAM and together in all different slots while troubleshooting but no luck.

Is there any issue with my RAM and this motherboard version?

Thanks.

Comment

Your Ripjaws should work fine, depending on the CPU. If you have any problems when the mobo shows up, can take a look at

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688

Tman

Comment

Send them in for RMA to see if a new kit works better. If you had issues with two motherboards, I assume there is a problem with the memory.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X