BSOD: F3-10666CL9Q-8GBRL on GA-EP45T-UD3P Mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD: F3-10666CL9Q-8GBRL on GA-EP45T-UD3P Mobo

Ever since I started using the memory I have been noticing random BSOD, so I reset my BIOS to optimal settings and turned off any overclocking features. Currently I'm running at stock. (666.6Mhz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v. with only 2 of the 4 sticks.) the JEDEC in cpu-z says 9-9-9-25 but the sticker says 9-9-9-24. The last memory I used was F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK(8-8-8-21 1.5-1.6v) and it was really stable compared to these.

A few questions while I'm verifying the reliability of this memory

Is my memory operating in Dual channel mode when the frequency is 666Mhz?
    Why is JEDEC not matching the sticker exactly?
    Can I overclock these modules at all?

These errors were from before and the memory settings may have been incorrect.
    Last edited by RanmaKei; 04-14-2011, 03:48 PM. Reason: Added Picture

It is dual channel if you have them installed in the correct slots.

The incorrect timings may be an issue with the software. Don't worry, BIOS will use them correctly.

Yes, you can try lower timings with more voltage. For example, 8-9-8-24 1.65V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

It seems that I only have the problem when I use all 4 sticks at once. If I use 2 or 3 sticks it wont BSOD.

I'm having the exact same symptoms as talked about in this post:
      http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=699

I decided to adjust the settings in the BIOS from 1333mhz to 1111mhz to see if that makes my system run stable. However, I want to run at the rated 1333mhz like these are suppose to run at! I even have a quad core processor as suggested by Gigabyte in that other post.

My processor:
      Intel? Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400 (4M Cache, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB)

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Try raising NB Voltage.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, I have the latest BIOS. I'm not sure which voltage I need to adjust, I will take a screenshot and post it for your review.

Comment

MCH Core Voltage, sorry, did not think of it earlier.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Comment

Try raising MCH Core to 1.200V and see if that helps.

DRAM Voltage should not be that high, so lower it if it does not help.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I upped the MCH Core to 1.2v and lowered the memmory to 1.58v as suggested and the system seems to run better. It latest 50+ hours before it blue screened again as opposed to under 24 hours.

So I think I added .020 or .040 more to the MCH core to see if that will keep it running.

Comment

Give it a try and keep it to small incremental increases as you are showing

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

SUCCESS: Results

Just wanted to let others know that upping the voltage on the MCH Core to 1.24v and having my memory at 1.6v has provided me with a stable system! It hasn't crashed yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X