Asus Maximus Extreme RAM Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Maximus Extreme RAM Problem

Hi everybody, this is my first time here.

My mobo Asus Maximus Extreme was working correctly in Windows XP Pro with two sticks of Gskill DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 CL7 7-7-7-18 1.8v of 1GB each. Now i bought 8GB (4 X 2GB) Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 CL7 7-8-7-24 1.6v and i have installed Windows7 64 bits. If i place the four sticks, the PC does not start and there is no video signal nor connection between the keyboard and the pc. If i place only two sticks, the post shows the following message: "Overclocking failed press F1 for setup or F2 to load default values". If i press F2 the pc starts. If i run the windows test memory in extended mode, it says there is a hardaware problem but it does not say which is the problem. Could somebody help me on this trouble? what is wrong? did i buy the wrong memory? Many thanks in advance for your co-operation. Regards, Daniel.

Use the new memory only. You can not mix with your original kit.

Also, make sure you have the latest BIOS, and adjust the memory settings in BIOS to the new memory.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Asus Maximus Extreme RAM Problem

Dear Gskill Tech

I'm not mixing the memories. I'm using only the four new modules. What i tried to say is that with the four new modules of 2GB each there is no signal video. Also the wireless keyboard display says there is no conexion with the pc. Do you have any other suggestion to me ? Many thanks. Regards, Daniel.

Comment

Clear BIOS, then try one stick at a time to see if they can POST. Or try one kit at a time.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X