Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Gig 3x channel Ripjaws (16000) - Why the low rated voltage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Gig 3x channel Ripjaws (16000) - Why the low rated voltage?

I'm comparing the SGskill memoery to the Patriot options and G.Skill memory at 2000 MHz is listed as 1.55v whereas the Patriot is listed as 1.65v
    Does this mean the G.Skill can attain higher speeds/better timings at lower voltage? Or does it mean the G.Skill needs to run at lower voltage because higher voltages are not stable?

Here's a breakdown of the memory I'm considering: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...atedMark=False

Thanks! Love my current G.Skills (x3 - 6 Gig total).
    Last edited by jpinard; 04-08-2011, 02:10 AM.

We only use the best chips on the market. All other companies will have higher voltages and higher timings. G.Skill modules are made for overclocking, so the low voltage means you can achieve higher frequency/lower timings. For example, a lot of times when you look at "BRAND X" CL7 7-9-8-24 1.65V, it is not comparable to G.Skill 7-8-7-24 1.60V. It is actually the same spec as G.Skill 8-8-8-24 1.60V. People mistaken because they look like the same CL7, but the quality is not the same. They just use higher voltage to achieve better "looking" timings, because the average person just looks at the first CL timing.

Once you understand G.Skill, it does not make sense to get anything else.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 04-08-2011, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X