hot ram

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot ram

so i picked up a fan controller with 6 temp sensors the other day and thought i would slide one down the heatsink to monitor temps during oc-ing. Normaly the ram sits in the mid 30c and with with a oc with increased volts will go upto the higher 40c when running it hard. Ive since tried to lower my timings to 7 7 7 23 t1 @1333 1.60v but cant keep it stable so ive backed off to 8 8 8 23 t1 @ 1333 and im really stable now. I have had it up to 1600 8 8 8 23.. but my cpu oc wont stay stable so its a trade off lol. So anyways ive been playing crysis 2 and noticed im upto 54.9c and im wondering if that is too hot.

Thanks.

8g gskill ripjaw f3 1600 cl9 4x2g sticks (two seporate kits 2x2g kits purchased at differnt times) gigabyte 890 ud3h rev.2 cpu oc 3.9 on water everyday oc
    Last edited by cravinmild; 04-07-2011, 07:59 PM.

bump.....................

Comment

Should be OK, but if you get a Turbulence II, that'll lower temps quite a bit so you don't have to worry at all.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

thank you for the quick reply......as always

I just cant give up my turbulence fan i have, love it too much, looks fantastic and if my ram is within specs im going to stay..........could you build a turbulence 2 fan but with the same style as your first.....please.

Thanks again, your ram is awsome.

Just for the know, what is the max temp for my ram?

Comment

Oh, same thing then if you already have Turbulence.

Max temp is roughly 80C degrees, so no problem there.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X