Sandra "Optimal" Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandra "Optimal" Settings

I am running one set of F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK on a Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UDP4 motherboard with a AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz processor and Windows 7 Professional 64-bit for the OS. I am using the recommended settings of 8-8-8-21 4-33-9-5 for the memory (with auto voltage setting, which turns out to be 1.56 V) and, frankly, everything seems fine?no problems and a Windows 7 experience rating of 7.5 for the memory. In looking, however, at the reports in the SiSoftware Sandra Lite mainboard module, I saw the following note for the memory sticks: "Profile @ 667MHz: Optimal 8-7-7-21 4-30-10-5 2T 1.6 V."

I have not been able to find an explanation of this statement in any of the Sandra documentation. That is, what is meant by "optimal"? So, my question for this forum are the "optimal" settings listed by Sandra something I should be using or should I stick with what I have? I should note that the most resources-intensive use I make of the computer is a little video editing/DVD rendering.

Thank you.

With more voltage, you may be able to achieve those timings, so that is something you can try.
    But this kit is rated for DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you. Then I think I will leave well enough alone.

Comment

Working...
      X