Asus P5KC memory upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5KC memory upgrade

I purchased F3-10666CL8D-4GBRM memory for several ASUS P5KC motherboards. The memory works in some of the motherboards, but not others. The motherboards are exactly the same (same version stamp and BIOS and add-ons). I finally boosted the memory voltage on the non-working boards to 1.8v and got the OS to boot and got the board to reboot without going black screen. But now I wonder if I need to tweek any of the other settings. I know virtually nothing about custom settings. What do you recommend I set now that the voltage is set at 1.8, or is that the extent of what I need to set?

DRAM Voltage can be increased independently to achieve memory stability. Test voltage for your memory should be 1.50V. Additional voltage can be used without a problem; DDR3 modules have on-board voltage regulators, so they can better withstand over voltage. But even so, you should only supply as much as needed to be stable, consequently some trial and error testing is necessary.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thankyou for the response. I had success with 1.6, but only when I also set the DRAM timing mode to 2N on the suggestion of another thread. Otherwise the OS would freeze up after a few minutes.

Comment

Working...
      X