M4a79xtd evo & f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4a79xtd evo & f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl

Is there any way to get this combo to work? I realized after i purchased this memory it wasnt really made for an AMD platform. I have spent 2 days scouring through these and other forums and tried all different timings, voltages etc. And can
    t get just even one stick alone in any slot to pass memtest. I really hope someone can help me out. Thanks

The main sticky in the DDR3 section states "AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600". You need to use that to configure BIOS. But right now if you can't even get the memory to clear memtest, it is possible that the memory is bad, or another piece of hardware.

Do both sticks give you errors when you test them individually?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried the info in the AMD sticky about lowering the DRAM mhz and upping the other mhz. I have tried that along with every suggestion of voltage tweaks. Guess I just have two bad sticks. I have tried them in every combo every slot , just 1 at a time. Still nothing, neither will pass memtest. I have ordered another set of 4GB of Gskill that is supposedly compatible with this board, so we will see what happens.

Comment

Keep us posted, you should not have such problems.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

update

Received my F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL Kit yesterday, cleared my BIOS , put 1 stick in and set all the speeds/voltages correctly. Still won't pass memtest. Tried the other stick and other slots and a few hours later still no pass on memtest. I'm sending everything back I just don't have the time to track down what is wrong. I am pretty sure its the ASUS mobo. I am completely changing brands and want to give Gskill another shot. I just don't know if i can handle all this BS again if it the memory.

Comment

Yea, to avoid troubleshooting, just send everything back and start fresh. If the parts are compatible, they will perform a certain way at the minimum, and right now, that's not even happening so surely something is defective and you'll need RMA anyway.

You know where to get help, so once you get that sorted out and need help setting up or something, we'll be waiting.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X