Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help (Memory compatibility)

Hi everybody,

I know i have seen comments such as, "For the most part, memory is memory." from YourNemesisi007 and "Most memory can be compatible, you just want to make sure your CPU can support the memory performance." from GSKILL TECH Admin.

i have:
    AMD Phenom II X6 1055T CPU
    GIGABYTE GA-870A-UD3 MOBO
    AND CURRENTLY HAVE 4gb corsair mem

the question is will my CPU and board support G.SKILL RIPJAWS
    MODEL F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231445 it seems all GSKILL ram is tested on INTEL setups.

or should i go with a product such as kingston hyperx model KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820104173 i now this memory has been tested on AMD setups and is very stable as i have found many reviews with the tech data to support the claims.

i know this is being posted in a GSKILL forum but please be unbiased as to the answers given, need to make a decision in the next day.

thank you all for your help.

Yes, that kit will work in your motherboard without a problem. Just follow the sticky to set it up.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you GSKILL TECH,

Just one more question for you or anybody that can answer it.

Why does it seem that G.SKILL RAM is only tested on intel platforms when being developed.

would it not be beneficial for them to test the Ram on AMD platforms as well and if they do there should be more info available about it.

This way someone like me would not have to take up your time with these types of questions.

again thanks for the help.

Comment

Intel is ahead, so many new products are geared towards them. With AMD, they can use what the CPU can support, which is typically what is already available.

RAM can be used on both types of systems, but your system has to support it. For example, Intel was the first to support low voltage 1.35V, so at first our ECO series was for Intel only. Now new AMD chipsets can support 1.35V as well, so then our ECO series becomes compatible as well. But we didn't know this when we initially produced the ECO series. Know what I mean? =)

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X