Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM with ASUS M4A87TD EVO

System:
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
    AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz Black Edition Socket AM3
    ASUS M4A87TD EVO AM3 AMD 870
    Galaxy Super OC'd 460GTX
    XFX 650W PSU

I built the system back 6 months ago. I didn't have any stability issues until a month ago. After running Memtest86 and stress tested the video card, cpu, etc. After testing I RMA my memory and motherboard. I received them last week and everything was fine the first 3 days, and then all of a sudden I am crashing within seconds into Windows and now in BIOS. I haven't been able to update the Chipset or the BIOS yet. I have tried almost all the different settings in the BIOS. Is the memory just that incompatible with the motherboard? Has anyone had any consistent luck with specific timings. When I first built the system I did not have any troubles with the exact memory timings 7-8-7-24 1.6V. Now nothing seems to work.

Did you set it up like the sticky?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

No....

I haven't set it up as a sticky..Should it be a sticky?

Comment

No, I mean if you look in the main DDR3 page, one of the top threads is about AMD CPU + G.Skill 1600. You need to use that as a guide to set it up.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X