• Problem with my F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

MB: Asus P7P55D-E Pro
    CPU: Intel i5 760
    RAM: (2) F3 10666CL9D-4GBRL DateCode Oct 2010

BIOS is up-to-date and all default settings are in place
    1st: 9-9-9-24-4-74-10-7-20-0
    2nd: 1N-47-48
    3rd: 5-5-16-10-10-10-7-6-4-7-7-4

The problem: System instability. Blue Screens with either a PFN List Corrupt error or no listed error at all. Memtest86 fails immediately with all or any combination of the4 DIMMs installed. While I can't say for sure that the Blue Screen crashes and the MemTest faults have the same source, ever since I figured out the process I describe below I've had no Blue Screen crashes at all.

Just to reiterate, the problems I'm having occur when all 4 DIMMs are installed, when just one is installed (and I've tried them all individually), or when a pair is installed.

If I boot the PC after its been off for several hours or more then Memtest will fail immediately 100% of the time. Every Esc-reboot after this produces the same behavior.

If I flip the switch on the power supply after an initial boot-and-reboot and wait for the green motherboard LED to go out and then turn the power supply back and boot the PC then Memtest will pass 100% of the time and will pass no matter how many times I reboot.

If I start off by power cycling the power supply without the initial boot-and-reboot then Memtest will fail 100% of the time.

I've tried switching to XMP mode but that hasn't changed the behavior.

Lastly, I shelled out $22 for a single 2GB DIMM of Kingston RAM KVR1333D3N9/2G (the cheapest I could find at Newegg) and the system does not have any of the above described issues when that DIMM is installed.

Sooooooo....a little assistance, please.

Sincerely,
    Dan

Send them in for RMA and a replacement kit should work flawlessly.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X