Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH, Lower than Stock Latency for Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH, Lower than Stock Latency for Performance?

first off, awesome ram at an awesome price.. looks great, had no problems installing and getting it running with my p67a-gd65. right now my cas latency is 7-7-7-21.

i would like to know if it can perform lower without any issues.
    i dont have any plans to overclock this 1333 ram, im just looking to get some tight timings so i dont have to overclock. Do i have to increase or decrease voltage when lowering timings?

F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH

THANKS g.skill!!

Can leave voltages at stock and experiment...best bet is to often combine lowering the speed a little at a time until you can, say run at 6-6-6-18 or so, then run a benchmark to compare it to your perfoprmance at 1333 with the 7-7-7-21 timings -----quite often your performance can increase even at a lower speed w/ the tighter CL (timings)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

To achieve better results, you will need to increase voltage.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

oh okay.. so i would have to decrease the actual mhz speed, and increase voltage in order to achieve lower latency?

thanks

Comment

Pretty much, occasionally you can tighten the CL with a NB and DRAM voltage increase, but not real often, so you lower speed in small increments till you find the sweet spot

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You don't necessarily have to just yet, but you need to test to see your memory's limits. Then decide which setting is best. What I suggest is see what it can do with 1.65V, then lower frequency to see what it can do with even lower timings.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by Torx View Post
            oh okay.. so i would have to decrease the actual mhz speed, and increase voltage in order to achieve lower latency?

thanks

Comment

Working...
            X