DX58S02 + [ Ripjaws ] F3-16000CL9T-12GBRM (4Gx3) + Core i7 970

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DX58S02 + [ Ripjaws ] F3-16000CL9T-12GBRM (4Gx3) + Core i7 970

I tried the XMP profile, i tried getting the uncore speed of the ram to match that of the rated speed of the processor(3.2 GHz) and lower to the lowest available to just get a boot at least. I can't not get memory error beeps from the board no matter what I try. More less looking for some help with timings and what not.

Kinda new to the core i7 platform, used to cpu vtt and pll and such, everything is different on this board if it's not the platform. I cannot find anything in the bios labeled cpu vtt or pll or anything really recognizable. I see the IOH and bclk which I have been trying to mostly keep at 133MHz and 1.1V(Default on this board) respectively. Even on auto I get the memory error beeps from the board. Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated, as I am pretty flustered.

I decided to go for the 2000 over the 1600 because it was cheaper and I figured it would give me headroom and maybe give a little better timings than the 1600 at 1600+ speeds. I got it to the point of installing windows 7, but it had a memory error or something and froze at 54% expanding of files, I haven't even been able to get back to there since. I tried the sticks by themselves and still had the same problems.

I would like to say that i tested each stick with memtest but I can't even get there. I went with gskill because I had nothing but trouble with ASUS boards and my friend had the same issue. We usually get mushkin ram. He got some gskill and loved it so I decided to give it a try, and the page that newegg brought me to for the manufacturer's product page says that it is guaranteed to work with 3 sticks in intel X58, which helped me make the decision to buy the ram.

I know this is probably just me not knowing how to correctly set the bios settings since everything seems weird to me as per the labels given to things. As far as other hardware i have A GTX 580 FTW2(ready to water cool), rocketraid 3520 pci-e 8x raid card, and a 9800 gtx+ for physics should i play a game that needs it. I tried unplugging all but min and using on board sata etc. Sorry to write a novel, just want to get all the weirdness/details through.

Do you have the latest BIOS? If so, can try loading all settings manually, if still no go, would try memtest again on each stick

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Updated BIOS, got it running at 1066 to install windows then I'll play with the timings and maybe an overclock. I tried the XML profile and that did not work. It turns up bclock to 143 and I tried giving everything a little increase in voltage that needed it. Did not want to run. Gonna look around for some core i7 icing guides.

Comment

Working...
      X