F3-10666cl7d-4gbrh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666cl7d-4gbrh

Model of the motherboard: Asus P5Q3 Deluxe (Bios version 2105)
    Model of the memory: F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH (2 kits = 8 Gb total)
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core2Quad 8200 @ 2.33 Ghz

What is the problem?

I connected all 4 sticks, it started o.k., but with latencies 9-9-9-X, changed AI Tweaker from Auto to XMP, system restarts but doesn't boot, it goes straight to EZ Flash 2 utility and says bios might be corrputed, it will delete latest bios and replace it with default one.

I did that. Again same story (9-9-9-X), but when I change it to XMP, it restarts, but monitor doesn't show any picture (blakc screen, everything else looks/sounds normal - all vents are running, disks are spinning, etc.). In that situation I had to remove 2 sticks of ram to get picture back on.

After all that I updated bios to the latest version once again, left only 2 sticks of ram in orange slots, enabled XMP and it works perfetly (boots in Windows, no BSOD, 7-7-7-21 etc.). Passed memtest without errors.

Then I removed this 2 sticks and replaced them with other 2, but this time I put them in black slots. Again, everything works perfectly, boots in Windows, no errors on memtest.

My question is how can I make all 4 sticks run on XMP? Manual settings maybe? Wich one? I am total noob when it comes to advance bios settings.. :\

Thanks for your help,
    sagy

Change the same things as XMP.

DDR3-1333
    7-7-7-21
    1.50V

If still unstable, try raising NB Voltage +0.1V to see if that helps.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for reply.

Just tried that, same result. It works fine with 3 sticks connected, but as soon as I add 4th, it goes to EZ Flash 2, bios recovery mode, saying bios may be corrupted. When I remove 4th stick everything is fine again (have to re-enter bios settings). I raised NB Voltage 2 times, by 0.1 - to 1.3, how far is safe to go?

Comment

Is that a proven motherboard? It may be a bad slot.. Try rearranging them and test that.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

What do you mean by "proven motherboard"? Like I said in my first post, I tested all sticks in all slots with memtest, no errors. It works great with 2 sticks in any slot (orange or black), 4 sticks are different story.. :\

Comment

May want to try raising the DRAM voltage .05 or a bit more

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just raised Dram voltage to 1.56, same story..

Comment

Connected all 4 sticks and tested 'em with memtest on auto settings (9-9-9-24) with no errors. Just can't get them to work on 7-7-7-21..

Comment

May be two kits that are incompatible. You'll need to try two new ones or get an 8GB kit.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X