Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4GB Kit, F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ, 1 Bad Stick, RMA Through Gskill or Newegg.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4GB Kit, F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ, 1 Bad Stick, RMA Through Gskill or Newegg.

I recently bought a 4 GB kit from newegg (2x2gb sticks)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231193

After the initial assembly of my system, windows setup would repeatedly blue screen and cite memory_management as the problem, regardless of the sticks being setup as Dual Channel, Single Channel, DDR1333 or DDR1600.

So I ran Memtest from a USB Thumbdrive, and 1 stick tested fine, while the other exhibited errors almost immediately after starting the tests, and errors when both sticks were in dual channel mode.

removing the stick and running one 2gb stick allowed me to installed windows and update it without any problems.

NewEgg approved my RMA But I have to Pay $10 to Ship the Sticks back to them. which also leaves me without a System for about 2 weeks.

I was wondering would I be better off going through G.Skill support or new egg.

ASRock M3A770DE, 700W OCZ, Windows 7 HP,
    AMD PhenomII BE 555 @ 3.2GHz, 4 GB GSkill DDR3,
    XFX Radeon HD 5830 1GB, Hanns?G HZ201HPB, Via HDMI

Either way, but if you send them USPS First Class w/ Delivery Confirmation, the shipping cost should be less than $10.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

OK a Good News Update:

I noticed a few things leading up to this,

Using 1 Ram Stick, On my mainboard:
      RAM in SLOT A1 = DDR1333
      RAM in SLOT B1 = DDR400
      RAM in SLOT A2 = DDR1333
      RAM in SLOT B2 = DDR400
      (Provided My Memtest86+)

However I did notice the Default AUTO settings the bios would give the Ram was Wrong for the CAS, Bios would set 9-12-12-30. The Ram is Rated at 9-9-9-24.

So I went into the bios and changed those settings manually, and I also changed DRAM Voltage from AUTO to 1.53V (the closest one to 1.5v but above). I Dont know what the Auto was setting it at. But under voltage could have caused the errors too. I was also Told by G.Skill that I could drop my ram to 8-8-8-24 Timings to "Close the gap" between DDR1333 and DDR1600 performance if I wanted too. Im happy with stability at DDR1333 and using both sticks in dual channel, so i wont press my luck.

Tested the good stick in every slot 4 passes, no errors.

Tested the 2nd stick (the one that gave errors), 4 passes no errors.

Tested Both sticks Together Populating A1 and A2 (DDR Config) 2 Passes No Errors.

Windows Boots up no errors, and quicker.

Could it have really been that simple!?

Comment

Yes, those are the fail proof settings that avoid any overclocking. Especially for those that have no experience, and are having issues, these are surely the best settings. Some use these settings anyway because the low latency is more beneficial than higher frequency.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X