F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL, Phenom II 965 be, Biostar A880G+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL, Phenom II 965 be, Biostar A880G+

Hello I just thought I would use the the wisdom of the techs on here before I RMA one stick of memory, My current system is unstable and blue screening in windows 7 none stop like every 10 minutes. It seems to be one of the memory 4G sticks when I run the system on each stick separately one will run it fine without any problems, the other stick will just cause blue screens sometimes before fully booted. I would of just went ahead and rma the memory already but in reading your steps it recommended I talk on the forums first. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

You did your testing correctly! Sounds like it is a bad module that needs to be replaced.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Alright I will get the rma going then, I can just send back the bad stick correct? I don't have to send back both being from a 8gb kit? Thanks
      *edit* Being a Canadian resident would I use USA RMA Request Form, Or General RMA Request Form thanks again.
      Last edited by Stealthbob; 03-03-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

USA is OK.

But I would suggest the entire kit.. otherwise if they are incompatible, you'll need to RMA again. Shipping to and from Canada takes weeks. :/

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Alright thanks, but I will just ship the one I need the other to run the PC -.-.

Comment

haha no problem, those incompatible cases are not too common. More common if you purchased a kit from 2 years ago, and you're trying to match it with a module produced last month..

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I was approved for Rma will be sending this off tomorrow hopefully thanks again for the help. I had one more question though lol. Where is my serial number located I see the model number on the sticker, would the bar code number be the serial number?

Comment

Yes indeed!

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X