Voltage Problem -- G.Skill 2X2GB DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7-21 1.35V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage Problem -- G.Skill 2X2GB DDR3-1333 CL7-7-7-21 1.35V

I bought a set of DIMMs a while back. They are rated for 1.35V, but my motherboard (ASUS P7P55D PRO) will not let me set them to anything less than 1.5V, so I'd like to know if running them at 1.5V will have negative effects on performance, stability, and/or longevity. Also, if I have to run them at 1.5V, should I overclock the frequency or something to make use of those extra volts? If so, then how do I go about doing that?

Can anyone help me out with this?

Comment

Sorry for the late response. P55 does support 1.35V, so look carefully.

If you want to run it at 1.50V, overclock it to DDR3-1500 to DDR3-1600 to see what is most stable.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply, but my motherboard does not allow me to set the voltage any lower than 1.5V. I am able to type in 1.5V or higher, so I assume that if the MOBO did allow lower DRAM voltage, then it would be as simple as typing in a lower voltage within BIOS. Doesn't work. So are you telling me that there is another way to do this?

Comment

Use the minus (-) key on the far right hand side of your keyboard keypad/numbers pad.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

I've tried that too. Does not work.

Comment

ASUS P7P55D PRO sure does support it.

Set AI Overclock Tuner to Manual and see if that changes anything. Or, enable the XMP Profile, that can automatically adjust voltage for you.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Setting AI Overlock Tuner to Manual does not allow me to set a voltage lower than 1.5V. And when XMP Profile is enabled, TurboV EVO has my DRAM set to 1.8V, though I can lower it to 1.5V.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

I actually don't know. How do I check? And if I don't have it, then how do I get it and install it?

Comment

Press DEL when you boot up to access BIOS. Then hit F1 to see options. One of them should be system info. On that page it should show.. BIOS revision xxxx

Then go to ASUS support webpage, search for your motherboard, search BIOS, then see where you are at.

At that point you can download the latest, put it on a flash drive, then go back into BIOS and flash it in.

When you look at F1 options, F11 should be something about flash, which is flashing the BIOS.. sorry I forget the actual name.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X