Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL Turning Dual

Hey guys and gals,

Picked up some G-Skill Rip Jaws 12GB (3x4) DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) and it seems the only way I can run these in triple channel is if my CPU Host Frequency is set to 133.

I tried setting the timing to 2:8 and 2:10 so I could over-clock my CPU but unless I'm running the RAM at auto or XMP in BIOS, it switches to dual channel and only picks up 2 sticks.

My specs are:

EVGA X58 FTW3 Mobo
    i7 950 Bloomfield @ 3.07Ghz
    Corsair HX1000 PSU
    G-Skill 12GB DDR3 1600

I've run all updates to BIOS and drivers on my computer that I could find and still nothing.

My voltages are:

VCore - 1.325
    DIMM - 1.65
    QPI PLL VCore - 1.2
    CPU PLL VCore - 1.8
    IOH VCore - 1.2
    CPU VTT - 1.3
    IOH/ICH I/O - 1.5
    ICH VCore - 1.2

Anything else you need just let me know and I'll post it. I'm trying to get my CPU to 3.8 or 4.0Ghz. Thanks in advance for any help.

Going to bump for info. Thanks for any help in advance.

Comment

Sorry for the late response.

Something must be defective, it should not jump to dual channel with XMP enabled. Did you test each module individually to make sure they all work fine? DIMM Voltage does not need to be 1.65V, this can actually cause instability.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well I picked up a new set and still the same thing. I can't change my CPU Frequency to anything other than 133 or the RAM switches to dual channel.

Would this be a memory issue or a CPU or Mobo? Not really sure what to make of it. I can't OC my CPU at all or I'm only running 2 sticks of RAM.

Comment

DIMM Voltage is high at 1.65V..

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Even at 1.5v it still does this. I even tried my friend's Corsair Dominators 6g (3x2) and the same thing happens.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Apparently not. Going to flash it here in a minute after my kid goes to bed and give it another go : /

Comment

Did a BIOS update and still the same problem. I'm guessing it's a CPU issue so I'm going to contact Intel and see if they have any information on it.

Comment

Might check the cpu and make sure it's seated well and no bent pins in the socket.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X