Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

m4a79t and f3-12800cl9D-8gbrl ( 2 sticks of 4gb) ( bought two kits for a total of 16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mobo may want the sticks in the orange slots, which are the primary.....do you know what 965 you have? the C3, C2, earlier? May want to try the sticks at 1333

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      The mobo may want the sticks in the orange slots, which are the primary.....do you know what 965 you have? the C3, C2, earlier? May want to try the sticks at 1333
      Thanks again! =)

Tried all the combinations - only 2 sticks in orange and in black and mixed, 3 sticks does not even boot up. Also manually set it to non dual under BIOS.

965? You mean the cpu? I have a 1090T.

1333 was slightly more stable but still it's crash free max 2 days and only a slight poke to the pc is needed for it to instantly freeze.

Just noticed that there is at least one mobo of Asus that definitely handles this RAM at 1600 and in dual mode - gotta start thinking towards that I guess =)

J.

Comment

Might try raising the CPU/NB and the DRAM voltage, start with about + .05 to each

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try Method #2 of the guide to see if that works better.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions!

I have tested with CPU/NB voltage up to 1.30 and the RAM at 1.66 which did not make it fail proof. And method #2 did not help either.

Still waiting the sticks back from testing by a friend in his pc... =)

J.

Comment

We'll be waiting for the update

Tman

Comment

All 4 pieces worked fine in my friends pc.

Tried them on a brand new M5A78L-M/USB3 and they work perfectly there too.

Currently 2 modules (single mode) inserted on my M4A79T Deluxe with all settings on auto and 2 hours crash free.

J.

Comment

Sounds good

Tman

Comment

Weirdly enough 24h crash free! I hope I'm not cursing it now, the last record was around 48h

J.

Comment

Keep us updated

Tman

Comment

I suppose my issue found the solution - max 2 sticks in single mode and auto settings works well. The computer has been up and running almost a week now without a single crash. =)

Thanks!

J.

Comment

Sounds good, keep in touch

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X