F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM with Asus P8P67 LE Blue Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM with Asus P8P67 LE Blue Screens

Hi, I'm getting blue screens of death (NTFS.SYS and MEMORY MANAGEMENT) with a set of F3-12800CL7D-4GBXM on an Asus P8P67 LE with an i5-2500k (running at stock speeds). I've upgraded to the latest version of the BIOS (0709).

I was initially running the RAM at stock speeds (7-8-7-24, everything else on "auto") using the XMP profile and the BSODs were occurring. I switched the RAM from the A2 and B2 slots to A1 and B1 slots: the BSODs still occurred. I then tried Memtest 86+ 4.20 and got some errors. I changed the timings to a slightly looser 7-8-8-24 and ran Memtest86+ again and didn't get any errors, so I thought I'd resolved the issue, but I got another BSOD today (computer not under any kind of load, just sitting idle in Windows 7 64bit). I've re-run Memtest86+ again today and didn't get any errors (only left it running for one pass, around 10 minutes), then tested each stick individually for one pass: no errors.

Does anyone have any ideas, this is driving me mad! I'm pretty close to giving up now, but don't want to go through the hassle of an RMA unless I have to, as I don't have any alternative RAM I can use.

Any help appreciated.

Very weird... but unfortunately all I can suggest is to try a new kit. You have done all the troubleshooting procedures, but it still appears to be a problem with the memory. So exchanging the memory would be the next step..

Both NewEgg and G.Skill RMA should be fairly quick, so it shouldn't be down for too long.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X