X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangs: [Ripjaws-X] F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe

Model of the motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    Model of the memory: [Ripjaws-X] F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH
    Model of the CPU: Intel i7 2600 (without K)

I have many crashes with memory DDR3-1333 [Ripjaws-X] F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH on P8P67 ASUS Deluxe. No blue screens, just the computer hangs and I need to press the reset button. It occurs in both Windows 7 and Windows XP 32 bits.

I updated the BIOS to version 1204 and continues to happen. I tried all the BIOS settings: "Auto", "XMP", "Manual" unsolvable. I tested the memory with "Memtest86x v4.20" and "Windows Memory Diagnostic"with many passes and everything is ok.

Only be solved if I change the memory speed to 1066.

PD. Sorry for my English, I'm using Google translator.

Did you try one stick at a time?

Do you have them installed in A1 B1?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

First, thanks for your quick reply.

- Yes, and crashes occur, although with less intensity. Also I tested the memory with "Memtest86x v4.20" and "Windows Memory Diagnostic" with many passes, one stick at a time, and everything is ok.

- I have them installed in A2 and B2 as ASUS's user guide recommended for Dual Channel.
      Last edited by Mr. Frost; 02-18-2011, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Try A1 and B1, then let me know the results.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I placed the sticks in A1-B1, I set the BIOS to XMP (frequency 1333) and again to crash.

Once again, it only works fine if I change the frequency to 1066.

Comment

Clear the BIOS via the CLRTC button on the mobo, then retry with XMP. If problem persists, send the memory in for RMA and try a new kit.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Unfortunately I had already tried to clear the BIOS via the CLRTC button unsolvable, and even I have also tried removing the battery for one minute with the same result.

So there is no other solution than to arrange an RMA for the change of the sticks.

However, thanks for trying to solve my problem.
              Last edited by Mr. Frost; 02-23-2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

I tried to raise the voltage to 1.60V (with the frequency 1333) and freezes are gone.

Is it bad for my computer what the RAM memory runs at 1.60V instead of 1.50V recommended by G. Skill?.

Comment

1.6 is still safe, the recommended voltages include a safety factor

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                    X