SPD Flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD Flash

I bought a G.Skill 4GB kit Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL. One of the stick spd is incorrect and it caused my motherboard to not boot unless I manually set the timings first before booting with the faulty stick. Is there a way for me to program this with the correct timings? I have attached a picture of both my memory spd through cpu-z.

May want to contact your retailer for an exchange, it's obviously a brand new set, most all allow a min of 30 days for defective exchange

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I can't return it since it has passed 30 days. I was needing the ram for testing so I didn't want to return it. Anyway, is the spd the same for both rams from the same kit?

Comment

That's what it should be, the sets are tested to work together, so both would be the same. Has anyoneone else used the the sticks? With those numbers looks like someone may have used SPDTool or a like program to flash the SPD and screwed it up (which is easy to do, unless experienced with the tools). That was my first thought when I saw the thread title...

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I don't know if anyone have used these sticks or not since I bought it from Newegg. It is listed as new, but it's possible that they sold me some rma sticks. It was one of those DIY combo kit sales. I just want to make sure that both sticks use the same spd since I have already successfully flashed the spd of the good stick to the bad stick using spdtool and now both have the correct spd settings.

Comment

Let us know how they run

Tman

Comment

I stressed it with linx and prime95, it runs stable for 12hrs+.

Comment

Sounds like a winner, glad your familiar w/ SPDTool, have seen a number of people screw sticks up w/ it, so I don't normally suggest it to people here. No problem w/ a number of my clients (those I trust, anyway). Well, enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X