F3-1066CL7T-12GBRH settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-1066CL7T-12GBRH settings

I have a Intel DX58SO MB, Intel Core i7 940 processor, and 1333 MHz Ripjaws, model F3-10666CL7T-12GBRH memory. My question is regarding all the settings for the memory in the BIOS. I contacted tech support and advised them that when I set the timings to the XMP 1333 profile it adjusted my QPI/Uncore Voltage Override to 1.550. He told me it was too high and to to change it to the auto setting (for my board it's 1.150), he also stated that voltage auto adjusted due to the BIOS and not a value that came from the memory's SPD for the XMP profile. Now I am wondering if other values are incorrect based upon this information. Below is a list of all my timings and voltages after enabling XMP 1333, then changing the QPI/Uncore. Can someone please provide or validate allof the correct timings for this memory? (for example, the tRFC seems a bit higher than I have seen in any memory):

Uncore Multiplier: 20
    Memory Mulitplier: 10
    tCL: 7
    tRCD: 7
    tRP: 7
    tRASmin: 21
    tRFC: 120
    tRRD: 4
    tWR: 10
    tWTR: 5
    tRTP: 5
    tRC: 29
    tFAW: 22
    Memory Voltage: 1.50
    QPI/Uncore Voltage Override: 1.150 (manually changed by me)
    Command Rate: 2T

Thanks much for any help that can be provided.

Everything is OK, except for tRFC which is a little high, so lower that to see how low it can go.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

What determines how low the tRFC can be? Is it the memory? If so, what should that setting be according to G.SKILL for this model of memory?

If it is not determined by the memory itself, what should I start with to try and lower it, and how low should I attempt to set it?

At what point will I know it is too low? Will it not boot, or will my computer randomly crash, crash under load, or does it require extensive trial and error with memtest?

Thanks again,
      Rich

Comment

tRFC is the refresh rate, so it does not have a drastic effect as the main timings. tRFC changes with motherboard, CPU, and amount of memory installed, so it can vary.

It's not a great deal to adjust this, and you wouldn't gain much performance out of it, so it's not really a big deal.

If you would like to tweak it, just use a stress test to confirm the memory is stable. If not, it will just blue screen because you did not allow enough time for it to refresh itself, so the memory got jumbled.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X