• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for RAM suggestion

Okay, I'm upgrading my PC to include the following:

Asus Sabertooth P67 LGA motherboard
    Intel i7-2600k processor
    Radeon 6970 2gb video card (manufacturer still undecided)

My problem is that I've looked at the QVL for this board, and it is extremely limited. The GSkill Ram Configurator does not have this board in the list yet.

I want to run 16gb of RAM (have the funds now, why not?). I can't seem to find a good resource that will say for sure which make/model will work. I know simply buying 2 8gb sets will not always result in a 'matched' set.

Has anyone here run this board with 16gig?

Thanks!

Hi, I also had a problem finding ram however on newegg I came across g.skill x series that says made for the P67 chipset so I bought some listed below and put it into an asus evo p8p67 and it works perfectly I cannot be happier it overclocks wonderfully. I know they also have 8gig sticks in the ripjaw x series. Everyone is having perfect success with the ripjaws x series that says made for the p67 chipset. Let us know what you decided on.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL8D-4GBXM

Comment

Yep, the Ripjaws X are a line built around/for the P67 chipset
      Last edited by Tradesman; 01-30-2011, 01:22 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

honestly I had a bad experience a couple yrs back with gskill and said I will not buy from gskill again. I ended up trying this ripjaw x series for the p67 and all I said is wow these are good and glad I bought them and will buy more in the future. I am running 4x2gig sticks I have not seen one single problem with the ripjaw x series having a problem on the P67 chipset.

Comment

Glad to hear it, enjoy!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No matter how much we test, bad kits can still happen, but the key is to replace them for a good set. It should be simple, because we try to make it that way. We know bad sticks happen, and we know we have a ton of good sticks, so if you are just one of the few, then just send them in and a new kit should work better.

Some people don't want to return them for whatever odd reasons possible, but sometimes the only way to solve a problem is to replace it and try another.

Glad to hear the new kit works well. We use the highest quality chips and sell them at the lowest prices possible (even amazes me sometimes), so it is very difficult to "not buy from gskill again". It only makes absolute sense to purchase a high performance module for $100 rather than a standard crap memory for $130. Only those that don't quite understand memory will pay for the larger brands because they have seen it in a magazine. Well, that's the effect, you cover their marketing/advertising costs.

Within the higher performance gaming and overclocking industry (and people that understand memory), it is a no brainer to purchase G.Skill. The top overclocking records will show a bunch of G.Skill memory used. Gaming facilities, computer centers, many use our modules; even large corporations such as Intel, Microsoft, all use our memory as well..

So if you ever have issues, just work with us and get a hold of us. We will make your situation right as long as we are aware of it. Some people don't even contact us because they assume we will not offer any support, but we sure do and we can't help if we don't know you need it.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Originally posted by stickies View Post
            honestly I had a bad experience a couple yrs back with gskill and said I will not buy from gskill again. I ended up trying this ripjaw x series for the p67 and all I said is wow these are good and glad I bought them and will buy more in the future. I am running 4x2gig sticks I have not seen one single problem with the ripjaw x series having a problem on the P67 chipset.
            Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 02-02-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X