• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Computer Freezups

F3-128CL7D-4GBRM
    Asrock H55/USB3 R2
    i5 660
    Windows 7 Premium 64bit

I get repeated complete computer freezeups/whiteouts where I have to hit the reset button on computer, (ctrl-alt-del won't work). For 3 months everything worked fine then it started.

I have tryed things mentioned in this forum such as makeing sure the cl is at 2.

Is my memory compatible with motherboard?
    Last edited by Consumer; 01-29-2011, 07:14 AM.

Could be a number of things, if it was running fine before. First check that the correct timings and voltage for the DRAM is loaded in the BIOS, if you had a power outage or the system was just turned off w/out shutdown the BIOS may have been reset. Check that you have the latest BIOS in the event any hardware changes/etc may have affected the BIOS. Check each stick individually w/ Memtest, if one test bad, try running the system on the single stick to see if the problem persist. If it does or if both sticks test good then problem may lie with a driver update (GPU most likely) or the OS or page file has become corrupt. Can try deleting the page file and putting a newer/bigger one in or reinstalling the OS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

After running the startup repair and I disconnected a second DVD-writer (Samsung) that I installed recently it is stable again. Will see if this lasts.

Thanks for your reply!

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes, check for drivers for your DVD writer, using a default from either MS or Samsung may have screwed things up, check Samsung for latest drivers for you OS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X