GA-X58A-UD3R and 24GB Ripjaws DDR1333

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-X58A-UD3R and 24GB Ripjaws DDR1333

Hello again, My computer build went very smoothly, system saw all 24 gb ram. I ran memtest with no errors, system has been running 2 weeks 24/7 with no problems. My question is what do I need to set in the bios to run the ram at the rated speed of 1333 it sees it at 1066 only. All of the settings are on auto now.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (ver2.0)
    Processor: I7-950
    Ram: Ripjaw 24GB DDR1333 (F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL)
    Video card: ATI FirePro V7800
    Windows 7 64 bit Pro

Thanks!

You don't show your timings, but just start off be setting the speed manually to 1333, your mobo defaults to a setup speed of 1066, if any problems also ensure the timings are per the kits specs as well as the voltage.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Right now everything is on "Auto", so I did not check what the timings are. Basically I should set the System Memory Multiplier to 10x, set the timings as per memory spec? Is there any other settings, should I leave the voltage on Auto? I am kind of new on custom setting in the bios, on all of the builds I have done I always left the settings on auto.

Thanks

Comment

Set base timings to the kits specs, the DRAM voltage per spec also and Command Rate (OR) to either 2T or 2N (depending if they are using the 'N' or the 'T' designation), as it may default to 1 (either T or N)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you very much for the fast replies.

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Before I make any changes I noticed the timing settings in bios for the the 1066 speed.
              Cas 7
              TRCD 7
              TRP 7
              TRAS 20
              Command Rate 2

If I increased the speed to 1333 I would have to loosen the timings.
              Cas 9
              TRCD 9
              TRP 9
              TRAS 24

My question is which would be better for Photoshop, AutoCad Apps, faster speed or tighter timings?
              Thanks

Comment

They may be fairly close, performance wise with the two settings you show, if both run stable, might want to run BenchMarks on them to see which is the better performing

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X