no signal on monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no signal on monitor

just recieved my g.skill 2x2gb DDR3 and placed it in my motherboard. but got no signal from the monitor. the same monitor works for my old computer when it up and running so i know it's not the monitors fault. perhaps its the ram. if so i'll have to return to manufactures. can anyone give me any advice on what could be the problem?

could be a lot of things. these are some of what I can think of, but could be something else too.
    • RAM could be incompatible, so the system refuses to boot. (does the old RAM work?)
    • one stick of RAM could be bad. (have you tried each stick individually?)
    • motherboard BIOS could be set improperly. (try clearing CMOS jumper?)
    • RAM could be installed wrong. try re-seating them. (did both sides of the DIMM's latch down properly?)
    • could have knocked something loose while installing the RAM? (check all power wires and peripherals)

also, do you get any beeping from your motherboard? do the fans spin? does the hard drive crunch like it's loading the operating system?
    Last edited by LeetMiniWheat; 01-22-2011, 06:24 AM.
    CPU: i7 4790K
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero (z97)
    RAM: G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX)

Comment

If a new build, also make sure all the standoffs are tight and in use to eliminate shorts, if required ensure your graphics card has power to it (be surprised how many for the power cable(S)), ensure all drives are connected and snug, power connectors to mobo in and tight.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Any luck?

and btw,

Tags
        monitor ram jesus

how did Jesus become a tag? I suppose they're right, He is everywhere!!!
        CPU: i7 4790K
        Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero (z97)
        RAM: G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX)

Comment

hahaha you need faith and belief that you can get your system working properly.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X