P6X58D-E & F3-12800CL7T [X.M.P] Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P6X58D-E & F3-12800CL7T [X.M.P] Problem

Hello, well im having problems with my P6X58D-E and F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI.

The problem is when i try to set Ai Overclock Tuner to [X.M.P], when i change [Auto] to [X.M.P] everything go ok, i boot the PC normally, Windows 7 64 bits go to login screen. But after this the problems start. Sometimes i can manage to enter Windows but i keep getting some errors like (Memory Cannot be read, dll errors, etc) and normally after a few minutes i get Bluescreen(BSOD). In my first attempt to install Windows 7 i tried with [X.M.P] set and got some errors too and a BSOD (I tried 3 times with X.M.P).

PC (Everything is on default settings atm)
    Intel i7 950
    Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
    3x2gb G. Skill F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
    2x ZOTAC GTX460 2gb VRAM (SLI)
    HDD Western Digital Sata III 1tb
    HAF 932

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===================

-Ai Tweaker
    BIOS Settings when using Ai Overclock Tuner [X.M.P]
    Profile#1 1600Mhz-7-8-7-24-2N-1.50v
    BCLK Frequency [133]
    PCIE Frequency [100]
    DRAM Frequency [DDR3-1600Mhz]

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage [1.40000]
    DRAM Bus Voltage [1.50]

-DRAM Timming Control
    1st Information: 8-8-8-20-4-59-8-6-20-0
    DRAM CAS# Latency [7 DRAM CLOCK]
    DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay [8 DRAM CLOCK]
    DRAM RAS# PRE TIME [7 DRAM CLOCK]
    DRAM RAS# ACT TIME [24 DRAM CLOCK]

2nd Information: 1N-51-53-52
    DRAM Timming Mode [2N]

3rd Information: 5-5-14-10-10-10-7-6-4-7-7-4

PS: Others settings are on Default Motherboard Values

================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ===================

My question is:
    How can i set my memories to 7-8-7-24-2N @ 1600 Mhz without getting these problems?

PS: When Ai Overclock Tuner is set on [Auto] (Default Bios Setting) everything works fine, no errors, BSOD, everything is perfect except by the fact that my memories is running at 1066Mhz.

I tried to make my problem clear if u know how to fix this and need additional information just ask

Thanks for your attention.
    Last edited by DrkWroX; 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM.

Try QPI/DRAM Core Voltage AUTO, then check to see what it is and try to manually set it.

Because so many people have no idea how to configure performance memory, and they complained to ASUS enough, now they have the QPI set to 1.40V when XMP is enabled. Well, this is stupid and makes no sense since this voltage differs from CPU to CPU even of the same exact model.

Well, chances are this random voltage is not what your system wants, which is why it is dropping channels and causing issues. Find the proper voltage for this and you should be good to go.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 01-21-2011, 01:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your support, i just changed QPI/DRAM Core Voltage to [Auto] like your sayed and everything is working now

Working Settings:

-Ai Tweaker
      BIOS Settings when using Ai Overclock Tuner [Manual]
      BCLK Frequency [133]
      PCIE Frequency [100]

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage [Auto]
      DRAM Bus Voltage [1.50]

-DRAM Timming Control
      1st Information:

2nd Information:
      DRAM Timming Mode [2N]

3rd Information:

Last question: The Settings above are 100% correct to get the best performance without overclocking for this memory?
      Last edited by DrkWroX; 01-21-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

Looks fine, everything is correct.

Enjoy!

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

p6x58d-e

Originally posted by DrkWroX View Post
          Hello, well im having problems with my P6X58D-E and F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI.

The problem is when i try to set Ai Overclock Tuner to [X.M.P], when i change [Auto] to [X.M.P] everything go ok, i boot the PC normally, Windows 7 64 bits go to login screen. But after this the problems start. Sometimes i can manage to enter Windows but i keep getting some errors like (Memory Cannot be read, dll errors, etc) and normally after a few minutes i get Bluescreen(BSOD). In my first attempt to install Windows 7 i tried with [X.M.P] set and got some errors too and a BSOD (I tried 3 times with X.M.P).

PC (Everything is on default settings atm)
          Intel i7 950
          Asus P6X58D-E Motherboard
          3x2gb G. Skill F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
          2x ZOTAC GTX460 2gb VRAM (SLI)
          HDD Western Digital Sata III 1tb
          HAF 932

-Ai Tweaker
          BIOS Settings when using Ai Overclock Tuner [X.M.P]
          Profile#1 1600Mhz-7-8-7-24-2N-1.50v
          BCLK Frequency [133]
          PCIE Frequency [100]

QPI/DRAM Core Voltage [1.40000]
          DRAM Bus Voltage [1.50]

-DRAM Timming Control
          1st Information: 8-8-8-20-4-59-8-6-20-0

2nd Information: 1N-51-53-52
          DRAM Timming Mode [2N]

3rd Information: 5-5-14-10-10-10-7-6-4-7-7-4

My question is:
          How can i set my memories to 7-8-7-24-2N @ 1600 Mhz without getting these problems?

PS: When Ai Overclock Tuner is set on [Auto] (Default Bios Setting) everything works fine, no errors, BSOD, everything is perfect except by the fact that my memories is running at 1066Mhz.

I tried to make my problem clear if u know how to fix this and need additional information just ask

Thanks for your attention.

I have been installing Asus mboards for years and never had the memory problem issues that I have had with this board. I hoped that the latest bios would be the fix but no improvement. Three different sets of ddr3 1600 from 3 different manufacturers and the mboard cannot correctly see the amount or speed of the memory. I have tried every setting "fix" under the sun and nothing has consistently worked. Oddly, win7 always sees the correct amount, no matter what the bios shows. I have come to the conclusion it is a mboard failure and Asus is just playing dumb on it. Very dissapointing to see such a product from Asus.

Comment

A few ideas...some have had problems w/ DRAM due to the USB 3 controller, may try diabling it in the bIOS, another possible might be try reseating the CPU and cleaning it, particularly edges and bottom to ensure no thermal compound seeped around....also possible taking compressed air and blowing out the DRAM slots.....all can cause problems like those you are encountering, but am guessing the main problem is the mobo, seems ASUS support and QC has been going downhill since mid/late 2008 (IMO anyway, I used to use them pretty exclusively, now I basically don't want to touch them)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X