No announcement yet.

Problems with F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD and GA-P67A-UD7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All was well in the am. Looks like I am all set. Thanks to Leaps-from-Shadows for suggsting to move the sticks into different slots. I'll have to read up a bit more on why this may have worked to fix the problem.

Comment

got my F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD today. this stuff ROCKS!!! It was almost TOO EASY to boot up with the XMP profile.

seems to run stable at 1T command rate on my Gigabyte P67A-UD4. I'll have to do some more testing to see if I can tighten the timings some more.

running stable with 4.6GHz on my i5 2500K with RAM at 9-11-9-28 1T

voltages:
      1.36Vcore
      1.140V QPI/VTT
      1.90V CPU PLL
      0.935V System agent
      1.66V VDIMM

EDIT: needed more VTT apparently
      Last edited by LeetMiniWheat; 01-24-2011, 06:22 PM.
      CPU: i7 4790K
      Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Hero (z97)
      RAM: G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX)

Comment

When you say it doesnt want to boot at 2133, do you mean that after you set the memories at 2133mhz, the mobo reboots and than tells you that overclcok failed and returns the memories to 1333mhz ? Cause if thats the case, than your memories are working perfectly fine at 2133mhz, all you have to do is go in the bios again and do the exact same thing with 2133mhz multiplier and it should boot up fine... unfortunately they will work only untill the system is powered ON, after you power it off the whole propcedure will repeat, at least thats whats happening with my memories (2133mhz Pi Series). After you power off, the whole procedure has to reapeat for them to boot at 2133mhz. Seems to me, the mobo ramp up voltages are not working properly for the memory or something is not compatible.
        Last edited by Gurubamboo; 01-24-2011, 06:48 PM.

Comment

I cannot get the below settings to run at indicated 2133Mhz and I have tried all previous suggestions.
          (newest BIOS, increasing QPI/VTT, increaing System Agent Voltage, changing memory slots)
          Please note that I have been able to get it to run at System Memory Multiplier: 18.66

Looks like some people have this working with my exact same setup:
          Mother board: GA-P67A-UD7
          Processor: 2600K
          Memory: F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD

Any other ideas to get to 2133Mhz?

BIOS: F7a

Advanced Frequency Settings:
          CPU Clock Ratio: 34 X
          Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech.: Auto
          -Turbo Ratio(1-Core): 38
          -Turbo Ratio(2-Core): 37
          -Turbo Ratio(3-Core): 36
          -Turbo Ratio(4-Core): 35
          -Turbo Power Limit(Watts): 95
          -Core Current Limit(Amps): 97

Advanced Memory Settings:
          XMP: Profile1 enabled
          System Memory Multiplier: 21.33
          Performance Enhance: Turbo
          CAS Latency Time: 9
          tRCD: 11
          tRP: 9
          tRAS: 28
          tRC: 46
          tRRD: 7
          tWTR: 8
          tWR: 16
          tWTP: 28
          tWL: 8
          tRFC: 170
          tRTP: 8
          tFAW: 32
          Command Rate: 2
          IO Latency: 2
          Round Trip Latency: 38

Advanced Voltage Settings:
          CPU Vcore: 1.345V
          QPI/Vtt Voltage: 1.050V
          System Agent Voltage: 0.925V
          PCH Core: 1.050V
          CPU PLL: 1.800V
          DRAM Voltage: 1.640V
          DRAM VRef.: 0.750V
          DRAM Termination: 0.750V
          Ch-A Data VRef.: 0.750V
          Ch-B Data VRef.: 0.750V
          Ch-A Address VRef.: 0.750V
          Ch-B Address VRef.: 0.750V

Comment

Originally posted by ceb View Post
            I cannot get the below settings to run at indicated 2133Mhz and I have tried all previous suggestions.
            (newest BIOS, increasing QPI/VTT, increaing System Agent Voltage, changing memory slots)
            Please note that I have been able to get it to run at System Memory Multiplier: 18.66

Looks like some people have this working with my exact same setup:
            Mother board: GA-P67A-UD7
            Processor: 2600K
            Memory: F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD

Any other ideas to get to 2133Mhz?

BIOS: F7a

Advanced Frequency Settings:
            CPU Clock Ratio: 34 X
            Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech.: Auto
            -Turbo Ratio(1-Core): 38
            -Turbo Ratio(2-Core): 37
            -Turbo Ratio(3-Core): 36
            -Turbo Ratio(4-Core): 35
            -Turbo Power Limit(Watts): 95
            -Core Current Limit(Amps): 97

Advanced Memory Settings:
            XMP: Profile1 enabled
            System Memory Multiplier: 21.33
            Performance Enhance: Turbo
            CAS Latency Time: 9
            tRCD: 11
            tRP: 9
            tRAS: 28
            tRC: 46
            tRRD: 7
            tWTR: 8
            tWR: 16
            tWTP: 28
            tWL: 8
            tRFC: 170
            tRTP: 8
            tFAW: 32
            Command Rate: 2
            IO Latency: 2
            Round Trip Latency: 38

Advanced Voltage Settings:
            CPU Vcore: 1.345V
            QPI/Vtt Voltage: 1.050V
            System Agent Voltage: 0.925V
            PCH Core: 1.050V
            CPU PLL: 1.800V
            DRAM Voltage: 1.640V
            DRAM VRef.: 0.750V
            DRAM Termination: 0.750V
            Ch-A Data VRef.: 0.750V
            Ch-B Data VRef.: 0.750V
            Ch-A Address VRef.: 0.750V
            Ch-B Address VRef.: 0.750V
            try setting DRAM voltage to 1.66v since 1.64 undervolts it a bit. also, try putting all the memory timings on Auto and enable the XMP profile. and change Performance Enhance from Turbo to Standard. (doesn't seem to make a performance difference anyways, according to my benchmarks)

you shouldn't need to touch anything else, except maybe QPI/VTT might need a small bump to 1.080 but probably only when overclocking.

Comment

Boom ! Another same issue as me and another guy from another thread in this forum. Im using only 2x2GB G,SKill Pi series 2133mhz CL7-10-7-27 1.65v with a Gigabyte P67A-UD5 board. This is looking awesome so far. So glad im not the only 1 with this extremely double double annoying problem !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurubamboo View Post
                Boom ! Another same issue as me and another guy from another thread in this forum. Im using only 2x2GB G,SKill Pi series 2133mhz CL7-10-7-27 1.65v with a Gigabyte P67A-UD5 board. This is looking awesome so far. So glad im not the only 1 with this extremely double double annoying problem !!!
                AFAIK, the Pi series isn't designed for sandy bridge. so there's some compatibility issues. different issue altogether. but maybe bios updates will fix some of that.

and for the record, i've had absolutely zero problems with my F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD and P67A-UD4, this stuff is GOLDEN!!! fits sandy's like a glove.

Comment

By the sound of it you are with a 2500K which is a totally different CPU than 2600K. It seems to me the IMC of the 2600K is not very well optimized with the new Gigabyte mobos and when you set high memory values the motherboard fails to boot up properly. Furthermore, I bet its some kind of wrong voltage distribution to the CPU that causes the problem cause the motherboard doesn't have a memory controller to worry about, its all the CPU. I hope new bios is released. Oh and BTW, I went to the store with my computer box, asked the tech guys to lend me a Ripsaw X memories specifically designed for P67 and Gigabyte UD5 and exactly the same issue happened.

Comment

By the sound of it you are with a 2500K which is a totally different CPU than 2600K. It seems to me the IMC of the 2600K is not very well optimized with the new Gigabyte mobos and when you set high memory values the motherboard fails to boot up properly. Furthermore, I bet its some kind of wrong voltage distribution to the CPU that causes the problem cause the motherboard doesn't have a memory controller to worry about, its all the CPU. I hope new bios is released. Oh and BTW, I went to the store with my computer box, asked the tech guys to lend me a Ripsaw X memories specifically designed for P67 and Gigabyte UD5 and exactly the same issue happened.
                    interesting theory about the different CPU's. maybe that's why some people (like me) have had very little problems with the i5 running at 2133MHz memory. although I've had some seemingly random reboot loops when setting "known good" overclocking settings. but a CMOS clear always fixes it. was your CMOS cleared before you tested the ripjaws X? come to think of it, the very first time I plugged in my ripjaws X I had some reboot loops and a OC failed thing. but only that one time.

Comment

Originally posted by LeetMiniWheat View Post
                      try setting DRAM voltage to 1.66v since 1.64 undervolts it a bit. also, try putting all the memory timings on Auto and enable the XMP profile. and change Performance Enhance from Turbo to Standard. (doesn't seem to make a performance difference anyways, according to my benchmarks)

you shouldn't need to touch anything else, except maybe QPI/VTT might need a small bump to 1.080 but probably only when overclocking.
                      I have tried changing the voltage to 1.66V, those timings are the Auto, and as stated the XMP profile is enabled, so those are the default numbers.. turning Performance Enhance from Turbo to Standard and upping the QPI/VTT at all amounts up to 1.2 had no impact either.

Looks like I may have to wait for another BIOS update from GIGABYTE...

Comment

Originally posted by ceb View Post
                        I have tried changing the voltage to 1.66V, those timings are the Auto, and as stated the XMP profile is enabled, so those are the default numbers.. turning Performance Enhance from Turbo to Standard and upping the QPI/VTT at all amounts up to 1.2 had no impact either.

Looks like I may have to wait for another BIOS update from GIGABYTE...
                        the XMP profile calls for a tREF of 200 or 201, not 170. (although 170 seems to work fine on mine) you can check what it's at in the MIT status screen. the advanced memory timings screen can be misleading, the values it shows are not whats in the XMP profile for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by LeetMiniWheat View Post
                          the XMP profile calls for a tREF of 200 or 201, not 170. (although 170 seems to work fine on mine) you can check what it's at in the MIT status screen. the advanced memory timings screen can be misleading, the values it shows are not whats in the XMP profile for some reason.
                          I checed the M.I.T. Current Status (with the working 18.66 multiplier since 21.33 does not work) and have these updates to the values:
                          tRRD: 6
                          tWTP: 26
                          tRFC: 180
                          tCMD: 1

Not sure why the XMP profile on mine would have a different value, but tried changing manually to 200 and 201 and still did not work
                          Last edited by ceb; 02-02-2011, 12:54 PM. Reason: clarification in wording that it still does not work

Comment

Working...
                          X