Asus rampage 3 formula and F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus rampage 3 formula and F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL

Hi, ive recently built a new computer, however I am having trouble getting my ram to run at the proper speed. So far I have tried manually boosting it up to 1600 with a 1.6 manual voltage, only to have the machine fail to boot. Ive also tried using the XMP setting, but this also failed. I was able to get it set at 1600 at one point, but it only recognized 4 gigs of the total 12.

It seems like 1333 is the most stable setting I can find so far without it failing to boot up. Also, is there a way to manually boost the cpu without using CPU level up, doing so also increases the ram frequency and I find that no matter what i do, it is always tied together causing it to fail to boot when I overclock the cpu even a little.

My build is:
    Asus rampage 3 formual
    Intel i7 950
    EVGA nvidia geforce 570
    F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL
    2 x 1tb caviar black 6 gb/s
    2 caviar green
    HT omega 7.1 sound.
    Cooler master 1000w bronze 80 power supply.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Could you post your BIOS settings so we can see where you are at

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Cant post them at this exact moment, however another issue for bios is if I tweak the settings for the ram, it doesnt boot and the only way to get it to boot is to basically use the asus ram setup on the board itself, which effectively resets all the bios settings, is there any way to avoid this or to revert to the previous stable settings?

Comment

Also, in terms of bios settings everything is pretty much the default setting, other then the memory set manually to 1333, and the boot order.

Comment

Input DRAM Frequency, Timings, and DRAM Voltage.

Then test one module at a time to confirm all are OK.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Should I use the XMP profile or enter it manually?

Comment

Can go either way, XMP is what a lot of people like to use, it's easier, other's, like me, prefer manual

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, ive tried every single stick in xmp mode and manual settings, and I cannot get it to 1600 no matter what I do, the best I have been able to do so far is overclock the cpu manually to over 4ghz, and bringing up the memory speed to about 1370, it seems like no matter what once i pass that 1400 mark or so, the system wont even boot, and the red RAM trouble light goes on.

Comment

So Ive been messing around with manual overclocking, and it seems like I can push them to about 1500, but as soon as it hits that 1600 range, i hit a wall and the system wont start.

Comment

Have you tested the sticks individually w/ memtest to make sure all are good? If all test good could you post your BIOS settings

Tman

Comment

Thats the thing though, how am I supposed to test each stick when I cant even get them up to that 1600 range?

Ill test them tonight with the 1394 setting that they are at now, and ill post my bios settings as well.

Comment

With the latest BIOS, XMP should work for testing each module.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

So i tested every one in the slots in xmp mode, and always the same issue. Red trouble led comes on, system doesnt boot.

Bios settings were completely stock other then this, and i have the most current bios for my board as well.

Does this mean i have a bad set? I bought two pairs of gskill 4x 2 8gb total packs before this, and i was able to at least get 12 gbs of the 16 gbs working at 1600, i figured it just wouldnt recognize the 4th due to it being a triple channel board so i sent it back.

Comment

Im guessing at this point I should rma?

Comment

Might want to contact direct through rma@gskillusa.com, doubt if they'll be in till Monday though

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X