Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Pi and Cooler master V10

Hello ,everyone!
    A few days ago i have bought G.Skill Pi RAM (2400mhz) for my new 1155 platform.The parts are not assebled yet ,but the info i have read in the Interenet is disturbing-some ppl says the V10 and the G.skill Pi series are not possible to fit together-the RAM heatsinks are to high.Is that true?And if it is, what will happen with the warranty if i remove the stock heatspreaders adding some shorter ones like these...

http://i.dir.bg/market/offer/109/10/11/18/2ozvmp_8.jpg
    Last edited by Ficata; 01-19-2011, 09:01 PM.

That will have to be GSkill's call...my unstanding is that it will void the warranty, since it's new parts might check about return/exchange, especially if all were bought from the same (re - e) tailer. GSkill should be in Thur sometime

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Removing the heat spreader can void your warranty, but if you really need to, make sure you do it carefully so it is not damaged. Also, keep the original heat spreader, any RMA must be returned in its original condition.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I will call a technician to do it ,actually he is one of the G.Skill reselers for Bulgaria ,i think he will know how to do it without damaging something.Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Btw the reseler said if the heatsinks are bonded with a glue to the chips ,there is a big risk with the removal to take a chip with it.Are the G.Skill heatspreaders bodnded with adhesive or not?I'm not sure im willing to risk now-the RAM is one of the expensive ones F3-19200CL9D-4GBPIS

Comment

The ones I've had aren't...but it's possible, GSkill should be in Fri and should know for sure

Tman

Comment

Of course they are bonded with adhesive.. that's how they stay on.. but you should be able to slowly pry them apart until the adhesive is no longer on the chips.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X