Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO and GA-890GPA-UD3H

Hey

Bought this kit a few days ago. It would be nice if any G.Skill supporter could tell me the optimal frequency, timings and voltage for my mobo/ram.

Phenom II 1090T
    Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H latest bios (rev 2.1)

Thanks
    Last edited by johnny88; 01-19-2011, 07:22 AM.

They are printed on the memory and the packaging...

Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1333. Raise CPU bus speed to 240, this will raise memory to DDR3-1600.

Set timings to 7-8-7-24. Set Voltage to 1.35V and see if it that works. If not, try raising DRAM Voltage to 1.45V and see if that's better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Necessary to raise the fsb instead of just setting up "Memory Clock" to X8.00? Just asking because I don't want to oc my system.

Comment

It would be a mild OC, well within the parameters of the setup...other option would be to try and push w/ increased voltages, which would put more wear and tear on the system overall, you need to have the speed to run at 1600 or the MC won't be able to handle it and stay stable. Another option would be run the sticks at 1333 and tighten the timings down a bit

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

You can lower CPU Ratio down to stock frequency, but a slight OC is fine especially for that CPU. For example, 14X is 3.36GHz, so that is typically what people set it to. You should not use the x8.00 memory multiplier because it is not optimal performance. If you want to use the x8.00 memory multiplier, raise NB Frequency to x12 (2400MHz). You may also need to raise the CPU-NB Voltage.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X