Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3 12800 CL9D-4GBNQ + Asus P8P67

Hi GS

I have 4 F3 12800 CL9D-4GBNQ total 8 gigabyte (2*4)
    and I wanted to buy a new Asus P8P67 with an Intel I7 2600 , but the ddr ram is not in the asus QVL list ,,,,, I just wanted to ask if the ddr ram should work with the Asus P8P67 ,

regards

Believe it should, fits the profile for the specs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I can just hope it ,,,,it should means it must work LOL

Comment

Sorry bout that, but I am very leery of the mobo, have seen all kinds of problems w/ it with all kinds (speeds, models and manufacturers) of DRAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have that ram and am having problems with it. On post with it set to 1600, the mem-ok fails. It forces the ram back down to 1333, and kicks back an error of overclocking failed.

I have tried to set this to use the X.M.P profile 1 but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'd like to know how to set this memory up.

Matt.

Comment

Hi

I will get the new cpu tomorrow so I did not yet tried if it works the ram with the motherboad , can you please tell me if you can boot the pc to windows ? can you install windows ?
            or you cannot ever boot the pc .....

thanks

Comment

I have been working with this over the weekend.. and the wife is about to kill me.

I have had some serious trouble with the motherboard over the day. I tried to turn off any CPU overclocking to try and minimize the problems. If you run the memory at 1333 it works fine. It post errors at 1600.

I loaded windows at bios 0408, then tried upgrading to 1003 and it toasted my RAID install of windows7. Then uped to 1053 and it went to hell and just wouldn't post at all. Then went back down to 0408 and it still wouldn't work.

Then i figured it changed to forcing the CPU to 45x from the standard 35x so the cpu was failing the post.

I am going to try resetting it back to 1053 and clear the cmos to see if it works.

Matt.

Comment

Ok thanks for the info !!

so you mean if I let the ram at 1333 (default bios ) it works fine , right ?
                I think you need to do so

unplug the cord and take off the battery and reset the cmos , it should work ...

how much memory you got ? 2+2 or 4+4 ?

Comment

please post if you could fix your problem ...

Comment

I think that I have fixed it using the methods described in the Asus forum.

1. Flash the bios to the latest release (in my case i did 1053)
                    2. Setup the system to use X.M.P and hit F10 and save.
                    3. Turn computer off. Un Plug
                    4. Open case and clear the CLRTC buy moving the jumper over 1 for 5 minutes
                    5. put the jumper back to it's orginal spot. Case back on and plug in reboot.
                    6. hit F1 to get into the bios
                    7. go to advanced and AI Tweeker and re-configure it to X.M.P. hit F10 save and reboot
                    8. hit del to get back into your bios and re-set all the other parameters you want.

This fixed the problem for me and now it posts fine and runs at 1600. Checked in Win7 fine, and works even from a cold boot (no power)

Give it a try.

Comment

ok,,I am happy you could fix your problem,I still wait my new cpu ,,,,,should come today or tomorrow ..

Comment

Working...
                      X