F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH Compatibility

Wondering if anyone out there has had compatibility issues with F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH and the Asus M4A785TD-V EVO.

I've read a few posts that this board is a little troublesome with AMD CPU's and I'm hoping to not run into issues.

I currently have an OCZ RAM package installed, but its horrid. There are a ton of errors found when a MemTest is run; and I can't get my system stable. OCZ has denied me an RMA because they want it tested on an Intel system, not AMD; even though their forum moderator said to RMA the RAM. So I'm never buying OCZ again...

I ordered a GSkill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH kit from NewEgg - which arrived yesterday but one of the DIMM's was faulty and my system wouldn't even post (no beep, no video) if it was installed. I didn't bother tweaking the single working DIMM, or even booting my OS. I'm in the process of doing an RMA and hope things go smoothly once the new kit is installed.

On that note, once I get my new RAM what settings should be set to ensure this RAM is working optimally.

I know it will default to cas9 and that has to be changed - but wondering if anyone knows what else might not set correctly with BIOS defaults... or if you know exactly what settings this RAM needs as nothing was included with the package.

Thanks in advance!
    Asus M4A785TD-V EVO
    AMD Phenom II 965 BE
    ATI HD5780
    GSkill F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH
    Seagate 1.5TB 7200 RPM HD

Shouldn't have any real problems, depending, you may have to make some voltage adjustments, but should come up close, maybe even right on

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, set timings, and you should be ready to go.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X