F3-12800CL7-2GBRM - manual timings not XMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7-2GBRM - manual timings not XMP

Hey, i have an EVGA P55 FTW 200 main-board and after updating to the latest bios i can not POST using XMP profile. I know this is a bios bug as many people are experiencing it. Can you give me the specific timings please? I am not completely stable and i believe it has to be the ram.

Here's current bios settings

tCL 7
    tRCD 8
    tRP 7
    tRAS 24 (previously auto/29)
    tRFC 88
    tRRD 5
    tFAW 50
    tRTP 6
    tWR 12
    tWTR 6
    CHA round trip latency 54
    CHB round trip latency auto (57)
    Memory low gap auto
    Memory remap feature Enabled ( 4gb to 3072)
    Memory Hole Disabled.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Also, i have 4 sticks for a total of 8gb of ram. Also have VTT of 1.275 volts. I think that is enough?

Comment

Everything looks OK, if it is unstable, maybe try adjusting the VTT.

Or, test one module at a time to see if one is defective.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Everything looks OK, if it is unstable, maybe try adjusting the VTT.

Or, test one module at a time to see if one is defective.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH
        Do you not know the exact timings for each of them? I got them from my old gigabyte boards xmp profile, but a few were missing in gigabytes bios that were In evgas bios. Also ram voltage is at 1.61

Comment

I'd set your base timings and DRAM voltage manually, leave the rest at auto, and then you may want to raise the VTT.....the settings from your older board aren't really what your new board needs, different boards auto adjust on their own

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            I'd set your base timings and DRAM voltage manually, leave the rest at auto, and then you may want to raise the VTT.....the settings from your older board aren't really what your new board needs, different boards auto adjust on their own
            Sorry to tell you, but XMP profiles are not auto set by motherboards. The timings are all specifically set by the xmp profile. That is why I an asking gskill directly, not you; as you wouldn't know anyways. And voltage is set manually at 1.61

Comment

Which is why I suggested setting things manually - i.e. not using XMP profiles, the profiles are pulled off the sticks where they are stored in the SPD of the DIMM, how the BIOS takes that and tunes the DRAM is based on who and how the BIOS is written and the version of the BIOS.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                Which is why I suggested setting things manually - i.e. not using XMP profiles, the profiles are pulled off the sticks where they are stored in the SPD of the DIMM, how the BIOS takes that and tunes the DRAM is based on who and how the BIOS is written and the version of the BIOS.
                .... I did that.. I want Gskill to give me exact timings so I can enter them manually, as using xmp profile does not allow me to post(bios bug). Using auto on a few of them, like you suggested does not = 100% stability.

Comment

The timings in the first post are fine, what other timings are you looking for? They differ for motherboards, so there is no list to simply plug in.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                  X