F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 3x2 on a EVGA X58 SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 3x2 on a EVGA X58 SLI

So here is my question after doing some reading. I have the 6GB kit and want to go to 12GB. After a bunch of reading all I got out of it was mixed reviews. So what I want to do is run 6 sticks total. This means I would have to buy another set of the 3x2. What is my best option here. I know running 6 sticks total can be done but will it be faster and better to go with a 12GB kit.

Any help with this would be appreciated. Since reading posts all over the place I'm not sure what to believe.

This is what I have.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231225

Thank you.

Well, the issue is if you purchase another kit, it may or may not be compatible with your original kit. If that is the case, you would need to send all 6 modules in for RMA. Then we can pull and test 6 modules to send you; that should work without a problem.

But since you need more memory, it is also your window of opportunity to possibly upgrade. How was your memory? Do you need more performance? We have many 12GB kits, the 3 x 4GB kits are also MUCH cheaper now, so they can be affordable. I'm sure you could easily sell this kit, keep it as backup, or put it in another system.

Here is the model for a nice performance 12GB kit:
    F3-10666CL7T-12GBRH

If you plan to overclock, here is a nice DDR3-2000 kit:
    F3-16000CL9T-12GBRM

This kit comes with a free 32GB USB, so that's pretty neat.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply and will look into the 2 kits you mentioned. I also wanted to say I'm new to Gskill memory. Been using Corsair for many years. I'm very impressed with the quality of the memory. All 6GB worked with out any issues. I'm a customer for a long time to come.

Comment

Thanks and let us know what happens

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X