No announcement yet.

Gskill pi, won't run 1600mhz on p45t-extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you tried higher timings like 7-8-7-24? It may not be able to support CL6..

Memory information should be the same, but it depends whether the chips/specs would be compatible.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried cl9 on the gskill and I tried my sons cl9 1600mhz tracers last night.. No luck

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings, particularly DRAM settings and various voltage settings

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

last attempt:- 380fsb 333strap 4.00B, 1.4NB, 1.76Dram.. corrupted my desktop - reboot in stock settings desktop recovered

385, 390, 395, 400 all had C1 error and wouldn't post with those above settings
          corrupted desktop = high contrast not aero and shortcuts missing

i think i had:-
          vcore @1.3v
          cpu termination @ 1.3v ( vtt )
          pll @ stock 1.5v

Comment

some more experimenting has me needing to know what sort of voltage this Pi ram will handle without going belly up? i got 1600mhz to get to windows with a different pair of ram but i had to go to 1.86v ( showed as 1.89 in hardware monitor )

Comment

I wouldn't suggest more than .1 over rated spec, which it's my understanding GSkill will allow, but I think it's your mobo, when you first hopped in here you had had the basic problem w/ Muchkins..

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yeah it is the motherboard, it needs 1.8+ volts put through the ram for it to boot at 1600mhz ram speed, so i gotta find me some old high volt ram or new ram that will handle those sorts of ram volts :S

anyway thanks very much for all the help

Comment

No problem, sorry couldn't do more

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X