Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill pi, won't run 1600mhz on p45t-extreme

hey guys,

i'm running gskill pi 1600mhz cl6 2x2gb sticks in a p45t extreme board, i have tried many many settings and i can't get them to run at 1600mhz. currently i have them at 1400mhz with the timings listed under the spd for cl6, paired with a qx9650 at 350x10. i have tried a set of mushkin ridgebacks and its the same story there, they won't hit 1600mhz.

i have seen plenty of screen shots of ram as high as 1800mhz on this board yet no matter what i try it throws up the C1 ( detect memory ) error or C3 (expand compressed bios code to dram) error. i have tried too many different settings to list them all, suffice to say i can do what ever i like but the closer i get to 1600mhz the closer i get to not booting.

running the latest F5m bios, board advertised as supporting 1900mhz ram.

ram has been tested 3 times locally by computer shops and is 100%

Might raise the FSB to 400, take CPU to 1.3, raise NB initially to 1.3 and try there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Memory frequency can only go as high as the CPU FSB, so you need to overclock CPU FSB to reach higher memory frequency.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have had this board stable at 500x8.5 with a q9550 and the ram could not be run at 1600mhz and I have had up to 1.45 through the NB. I have even had the ram timings ranging from 9-9-9-24 down to 6-6-6-15 but if the MHz gets near 1600 it's c1/c3 boot failure

Comment

Could you post your BIOS settings (DRAM Timings (including advanced) and your mobo voltage settings...... also is CR (Command Rate) at 2

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I can set the Cmd rate in bios to auto, 1,2 but it doesn't change it when I look in CPUz or memset.

As I was gonna give up and just run 350x10 these are my current settings :-

Last edited by ben_charm; 01-11-2011, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Have you run memtest on the sticks individually?

Tman

Comment

yes sticks have been tested separately by 3 different shops including myself, and the 2000mhz mushkin ridgebacks behave the same

Comment

Hate to keep asking questions, but have you contacted Gigabyte, changing the CR should show up correctly, may be a mobo problem

Tman

Comment

i asked them about a couple of times replies i got were:-

"Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, according to the chipset specification, this motherboard could support to DDR3 2000 memory module. However, it will downgrade to DDR3 1333 MHz only. We provide the option in BIOS program, let user to over clock the memory to let the motherboard support higher memory module. However, we will not guarantee any result caused by system over clocking. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

"Dear Ben,

Maximum performance. It might be the CPU cannot reach so high FSB freq. We will not guarantee any result caused by system overclocking.

It is possible that the system cannot handle the overclock result which cause the system hangsup. Please try to Load Optimized under BIOS setting instead"

so the board will has support for it, the bios has support for it, but their view is so long as it will do 1333 i shouldn't complain.

wish i could get my hands on another p45t board to rule out the board

Comment

Another P45t would be good for checking, did they say anything about the CR problem....might also ask that if they are going to advertise the board for far faster than 1333 then they should provide the support to do so, not providing the support is sort of false advertising

Tman

Comment

did some double checking today

ram boost on standard
                        400x8 @ 1.35v
                        cpu term and mch at 1.3v
                        ram on full auto @ 1.66v

single stick ( each stick ) in all 4 dimms
                        2 sticks paired a1,b1 the a2,b2
                        repeated process with the mushkins

C1 boot failure on every attempt

i have seen cpuz screenshots of this board with ram at 1800mhz so its kinda doing my head in....

and the line from gigabyte is while its "supported" its not guaranteed as its overclocking and they do not support overclocking :S yeah go figure, its like a car manufacturer claiming the car has support for 200kmh but so long as it does the 100kmh speed limit you got nothing to complain about.

i'm hopefully gonna snag a x48T-dq6 on ebay if i win it, i'll give it a shot with it.

Comment

Ben

check your PMs

Tman

Comment

Ok so I called gigabyte today about my memory issues, the guy on the phone said without hesitation that I won't get the board to play nice with current gen ram as the ram doesn't have the info the board needs, he suggested I should try to get my hands on ram that is on the qvl or about 3yrs old as it will have the information the motherboard requires.

So I guess I have to confirm that and ask you guys.. Would my board be supplied the info it needs from the gskill pi 6-8-6-24 1.6v 2x2gb sticks that I have or is there a code / info change between them and the older DDR3 ram that was available about 3yrs ago??

I have a funny feeling I'm being told porkies by the bloke I spoke to

Comment

I have a feeling you're right, but can't say for sure, GSkill should be in today and may shed some light on this 'info' question

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X