Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB G.Skill 2133mhz On P7P55D & i5 750

Hi

I am new to these forums and this is my first post.

I have an ASUS P7P55D motherboard and G.skill 2x 2GB PC3-12800 with my Overclocked i5 750 to 3.9ghz.
    I am looking at upgrading my Ram to this set : http://www.memoryc.co.uk/products/de...kit/index.html

But It is not on the vendors list of the motherboard so I have no clue if it will work... even if it did... would I see a decent performance increase with these over the 1600mhz 2x2GB I currently have with my overclocked i5 750.
    And would gthe fan be a nessasary feature to put on considering I have a top extractor fan and a front bezel fan very close to the DIMM slots? This is because I have the Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler which takes up alot of space.

Should see a good performance increase both from the increased speed of the sticks as well as the jump from 4 to 8GB of RAM. The set is designed w/ the P55 in mind and is in high demand, one reason not all mobo makers have gotten to it for testing. With good airflow, no, shouldn't need the fan, there are numerous sets available at this speed and faster that don't have fans, it's sort of a nice or neat add-on

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

wow, ok thanks alot. Can just hope that I can Find some in stock somewhere :S

Comment

Good luck, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=gskill%208gb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...k=gskill%208gb

We have some nice 8GB performance kits now.. Just released Monday.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

those don't specifiy P55 Platforms and Unfortunatly it is an american company so It would cost too much for me to get it shipped to england

Comment

The new sets mentioned are oriented to the P67, but will work fine on the P55 also, the ref he gave was primarily for info and reviews (as they come in), I would imagine they'll be making their way to the U.K. (? guessing as that was part of the link you provided), could contact them and see if they have ordered any, planning to, or if they could. Hope this helps

Tman

Comment

Yeah well I prefer the set I found from Memory c as I have and All blue and Black interior on my PC and Red could look out of place in there. Thanks for the info on the new ram however but I needed to know if the Ram I picked would work with my setup, As I have now found out that it will (from this forum thread) I am confident to go ahead and order it at the end of the month.
                Thanks for your help guys.

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X