No announcement yet.

MSI Nforce 980A URGENT NEED FOR RECCOMENDATIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it takes an eight...but will work w/ 4...will probably want to check the manual

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Will need an 8 pin adapter and a Y adapter too so those are ready to go and in the cart. hopefully I don't need anything more than what I've got for now to build this computer right the first time. I get nervous on new builds especially with hardware that I'm not completely familiar with. I'm so excited though to be building a brand new system for my Girlfriend it's going to be a pleasure having her watch me and even help at times. Yes I'm going to make her help me with a few things so she learns more so she knows what to do in the event I am not here with her.

Comment

Good deal, keep us informed on the progress

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok Everything is up and running smoothly, my only problem is the bios of the MSI motherboard I am using..... It's not as straight forward as I am used to even for an experienced tech like myself.... my issue is with how to set the memory to 1600 since that's what I bought was the cas 7 1600 8gb ripjaws kit. what do I need to set, and where in this board. help ASAP would be best here.... note this is the 2x4gb kit and not the 4x2gb kit of ram. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231401
          Last edited by Maverick; 01-17-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Memory settings solved

Solved by calling tech support on the phone, Awesome job stuck with me while I ran the windows tests and made sure the computer was going to properly pass the muster scoring 7.5 on the ram out of the box.

Comment

Working...
            X