Asus Maximus Formula III - F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Maximus Formula III - F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ

Hi and all my best to all of you for this new year.

[ Please forgive my english as it's not my mother tongue ;-) ]

This my first post and I have red many in your forums. Very interesting.
    Here is in few words my hardware details I'm playing to online game with.

MB : Asus Maximus Formula III
    CPU : I7 860 - 2,80ghz Overcloked at 3.37mhz (I have a very good cooling system with a noctua and an Antec Twelve Hundred pc box, it never heat a lot)
    Ram : 2X2Gb F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ (Dual channel)
    GPU : ATI RADEON HD4870 2gb - Vapor X

I have built myself piece after piece this PC, but I think I have made a mistake by choosing this Ram set. I feel it's not matching the rest of the machine.

What do you think about that ?
    Have you some advices to give. I want to keep of course Gskill production for any replacement. Would you need any extra details just ask.

Anticipated thanks for your answers.
    Best regards.

This memory should work fine! Enable XMP and everything is ready to go.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hello and thank you for this so prompt reply.

I have just set in the Bios the X.M.P. option, but this not compatible with the manual or preset Overclocking of the CPU. So CPU freq. went down automatically to 2.9mhz (default speed) in the bios.

According to your experience, playing at games such as Battlefield BC2, Counter Strike, Call of duty.... on servers for multiplayers, what overclocking priority should I give to : CPU or Ram ?

Also something strange I've just openned CPU Z and Core speed mhz is fluctuating unp and down from bottom (2.9) to top (3.3) . Is this the result of an automatic generated OC linked to XMP option ?

Many questions sorry, but I like to learn form people's knowledge.

Best regds

Comment

The CPU OC will increase the performance more, OCing the DRAM past rated spec might gain a little but doubtful if you'll see it except under benchmarks...and then it may well be minimal. May have better luck just setting the DRAM manually then proceeding with a OC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Great, Thank you for your comments. I'll try this this evenning.
          Otherwise have you any other Ram sets in gskill range to advise, more powerfull and adapted to my PC. It may be installed in the 2 free slots I have to increase from 4 to 8gb.
          Thks
          Mica

Comment

To add additional DRAM will probably want to stick to the same set unless a you go a complete overhaul and go 3x2GB set or a 2x4GB set. Mixing sets, they may not be compatible and even adding another set of the same model can be hard to set up (or it could go quite easily).....that's why there is such a wide range of sets available, they are tested to work together

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X