• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad stick?

Good day,

I have the following setup:

MOBO: ASUS M4A77TD AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 B50 Processor 3.10 GHz Black Edition
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL

The above setup works. My CPU is black edition and I have unlocked third core (4th core does not work). when I start my system it says "Unganged mode".

Now.. recently I made a purchase of the SAME ram listed above (I had 2x2GB, I now have 4x2GB, totaling at 8GB)...

The 2 slots furthest from the CPU have ram in them now and it works.

When I add one of the new sticks (I'll call it stick 1) to either of the two open slots, the machine does not get into BIOS (or no video output) and there are no beeps.

When I put the other stick (stick 2) into either of the 2 open slots, it gets into bios and boots successfully (it says I have 6GB ram in the machine), loads up my OS and no blue screens or other issues. It has been up for 1wk 1day 7hrs 22mins 42secs without any problems with the third stick installed.

HOWEVER, it does not run memtest86 with the third stick (it just freezes)...

Should I return the entire package of the two sticks, or should I be looking to change my bios or slot configuration?

Thanks for your help.

Have you tried running memtest on each stick individually to see if one is bad. May want to try it in ganged mode....

Also try the 2 new stick in the slots you have the old sticks in...check tRFC in advanced timings, will prob need 160 or so....will also need to raise CPU and NB voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X